Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2010 8:25:46 PM EDT
OK, so by whatever disaster 90/95% of the population is quickly wiped out. As a survivor, you and your group are going around looking for supplies, what would your gun and ammo policy be? Would you take all guns and ammo, or would you stick to specific guns and calibers and destroy what you did not want need?

ETA: Or would you take what you want/need and leave the rest?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Take everything, whatever you don't use you barter off for other things.  

I thought about that, but I don't think I would want to arm people outside my group.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd make sure to keep some of the old classics. You never know when they might come back into fashion.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought about that, but I don't think I would want to arm people outside my group.

So then just throw them in a big pile like they do with confiscated arms in Iraq.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Take everything so that someone won't come along and pick up what I left to use against me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If they're coming to you for arms and ammunition they're obviously inferior and you're supplying them with arms lesser than yours. Further it give you the opportunity to recruit allies.

So you're saying you keep the AR's, AK's, Garands and give them the single shot Rossi .22's? I can see that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#8]
at that point I'm a warlord and demi-god anyhow ... my followers must be armed to protect my relm , so I may be worshiped in peace without outside interfearence .
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:39:27 PM EDT
[#9]
You can store some of them in the crate in the central bar.

(And yes, if you're asking that kind of question, this is DEFINITELY the game for you.)
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you don't take them you are arming folks outside your group with zero profit......................
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Will Emma Stone be there? That's all the really matters.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Why would you destroy them ? stash them for possible future use..you never know.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Keep the ones I like/need most and trade the remainder for WOMEN...

I'm just sayin'
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Take everything so that someone won't come along and pick up what I left to use against me.

Don't take everything, just the bolts or some other necessary part, that way you can have a monopoly on arms while not weighing you down so much. Also once your reputation becomes known, everyone will come to you for gun parts, profit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Security (and enough ammo to provide it)
Food Water Fuel Med supplie
Wimmenz
Trade goods and stockpiling stuff that won't get made again any time soon.

In other words, start reasonable, then scavenge your area with your group.  You ARE in a group, right?  Otherwise it's a moot point.  You gonna die bad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Never destroy anything of value.

Especially in SHTF.  

Someone destroying a surplus of firearms has a surplus of stupidity and you are going to be that guy up shit creek without a paddle, thinking... "What the fuck did I do that for?"

I have been stuck in this situation in real life.  With wasting water.  Remember all the times you were wasting pure clean cold water in a garden hose?  Sure we have all done it...

Now, get yourself lost in the Utah desert, you are five miles or more from your truck, your canteens are half-full of hot water...when you are finally within sight of your truck, you feel safe to drink the rest of your water, but there is still a mile to go...  By the time you get to your truck you are relieved to find your cooler full of cool water from the ice that melted two days ago.  And there is a couple cold bottles of water and a Sprite...

If you don't feel comfortable giving them out, cache or store them where you and your crew know where they are.  Make emergency cache's that you can fall back on in secured secondary retreat sites.  Survivalism is about layering your defenses, and oppurtunism.  Eventually you will be able to arm your offspring and people who you have learned to earn their trust.

Also, no body is going to be producing things anytime soon, if ever again.  Your guns aren't going to last forever, they might not even make it through the next 20 years.  What are you going to fall back on?  What are you going to pass on to your kids, and what are they going to pass on to their kids?  

You really need to think this shit through more.

DESTROYING GUNS IN SHTF IS THE STUPIDIST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.

Destroying a surplus of anything of value for that matter, is stupid.  You should be stockpiling, hoarding, accumulating everything you can get your hands on, you should be living like a little squirrel finding and packing away everything you can, for as long as you can.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Never destroy anything of value.

Especially in SHTF.  

Someone destroying a surplus of firearms has a surplus of stupidity and you are going to be that guy up shit creek without a paddle, thinking... "What the fuck did I do that for?"

I have been stuck in this situation in real life.  With wasting water.  Remember all the times you were wasting pure clean cold water in a garden hose?  Sure we have all done it...

Now, get yourself lost in the Utah desert, you are five miles or more from your truck, your canteens are half-full of hot water...when you are finally within sight of your truck, you feel safe to drink the rest of your water, but there is still a mile to go...  By the time you get to your truck you are relieved to find your cooler full of cool water from the ice that melted two days ago.  And there is a couple cold bottles of water and a Sprite...

If you don't feel comfortable giving them out, cache or store them where you and your crew know where they are.  Make emergency cache's that you can fall back on in secured secondary retreat sites.  Survivalism is about layering your defenses, and oppurtunism.  Eventually you will be able to arm your offspring and people who you have learned to earn their trust.

Also, no body is going to be producing things anytime soon, if ever again.  Your guns aren't going to last forever, they might not even make it through the next 20 years.  What are you going to fall back on?  What are you going to pass on to your kids, and what are they going to pass on to their kids?  

You really need to think this shit through more.

DESTROYING GUNS IN SHTF IS THE STUPIDIST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF.

Destroying a surplus of anything of value for that matter, is stupid.  You should be stockpiling, hoarding, accumulating everything you can get your hands on, you should be living like a little squirrel finding and packing away everything you can, for as long as you can.

Hence the question
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top