Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 2:40:30 AM EDT
Picked it up last night. I bought a couple of mellow, family type games to start (GTA III, State of Emergency). What are some other "must have" games for the PS/2?
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Max Payne.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, get with the times!  I had a PS/2 back when they first came out.  Did you get this thing second hand?

[img]http://members.tripod.com/~ps2page/main85.gif[/img]

Look carefully, IBM still has rights to PS/2.  Now Ps/2 is what you were thinking....have fun and lighten up, its FRIDAY!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Twisted Metal Black.  I rented it for my son last week and ended up playing it more than he did.

The port of Resident Evil: Code Veronica is a good one as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I did the same just this past weekend -- my vcr broke down completely, I wanted to upgrade to a DVD player, and getting the PS2 just made sense.

One game I *HAVE* to recommend: Ico. It's a puzzle game, primarily; you're a little boy with horns on your head, and you have to help a beautiful princess escape from a dark castle. Wonderful, brilliant game. Short, though -- only about 12 hours or so of gameplay. Rent from blockbuster & you may be able to beat it in the five day rental time. Plays like a mix of Prince of Persia and Myst.

I still need to get a memory card, though. You'd think they'd include one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
PS/2 is alright. My nephew has one and we have fun playing on it. I chose an Xbox myself, and in my opinion, the best console game available right now is HALO, hands down. And it's only available for the Xbox.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#6]
max payne definately.....

i went for the x box too.
i just wish they would release ghost recon sooner than august.
Btw I hate those dam little controlers on ps2 and nintendo's system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top