Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2010 10:40:35 AM EDT
Just saw it a day or two ago on t.v.  Pretty good movie.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]
i could not get thru it.. turned it off after the hippy killed his wife and self.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
i could not get thru it.. turned it off after the hippy killed his wife and self.

That was a pretty rough scene.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That's a shame, the ending is one of the best firefights ever (IMO).

Great movie, one of my favorites.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed on the firefight at the end.  Especially when everyone stops firing as the baby comes out.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact it's all one continuous shot is awesome too.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I think it's a great movie...really interesting and scary to see the downfall of society...really interesting concept and very well done.

And yeah that one continuous 3-4 minute long battle scene shot is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You should have watched to the end of that scene.
Click To View Spoiler

It's a good movie. Thankfully, they saved the moonbat-gaian crap for the special features.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed on the firefight at the end.  Especially when everyone stops firing as the baby comes out.

Rarely does fiction "get" me like that scene did...

FWIW do NOT watch the "making of"... the director is a raging, en fuego hippy. It changes the tone of the movie when you watch the "making of" and see what he espouses...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I gotta admit, I get choked up when the crying baby is brought out of the building and the firefight comes to a screeching halt as all the soldiers stand in awe.

Very powerful scene.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked it, for the guy who said he turned it off after that scene - watch it all the way through, the firefight at the end is worth just that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]
As SHTF-related films go, this one hits pretty hard.

A worthy watch, all told. A tough one, though, in many respects.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I gotta admit, I get choked up when the crying baby is brought out of the building and the firefight comes to a screeching halt as all the soldiers stand in awe.

Very powerful scene.

Yeah I liked that scene too...

And the soldier's reaction is just like how the world would react...

They would stop fighting and stand in awe for a few minutes...but the world went to shit anyway, and they would eventually go back to fighting shortly after.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I liked when Clive's character says to the "bad ass" with dread locks, "Brush your teeth. Your breath stinks".

"No it doesn't!"

and gets all under his skin.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Just picked it up on Blu-Ray, one of my favorite movies.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

It's a good movie. Thankfully, they saved the moonbat-gaian crap for the special features.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#16]
one of my favorite movies by far - I loved it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I liked it, for the guy who said he turned it off after that scene - watch it all the way through, the firefight at the end is worth just that.

its not that the scene choked me up or anything it, the movie, just didnt grab me... I was no longer interested.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not that the scene choked me up or anything it, the movie, just didnt grab me... I was no longer interested.

Not enough fiery explosions?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cant place what it was.. it just didnt get me... i think it was just too much yakin or something.. And dont get me wrong i can watch a non action movie, this one just didnt get me. If i can sit thru Momemto or Magnolia then i can sit thru some yakkin. Im not saying it was bad it just didnt do it for me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#20]
It wasn't bad.  I wouldn't own it or rent it again, but it was worth the watch once.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep...Great movie...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Am I remembering it wrong?  He kills his wife who was a vegetable by all accounts and is killed himself by the whoever that group was trying to get the baby back.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I remembering it wrong?  He kills his wife who was a vegetable by all accounts and is killed himself by the whoever that group was trying to get the baby back.

You got it. The old dude gets whacked in his driveway by the group from the farm.

I liked it. Well done movie, I thought.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#24]
The movie is a bit odd, and definitely depressing. I thought it brought some elements from 1984 and Brave New World.

The combat sequence at the end is probably one of the best in a movie ever, which is odd considering the movie is not really an action or war movie.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

is right

Pretty sure the old guy wasn't asleep after what happened to him
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

The scene was extremely well done, the coordination of support staff and extras, the squibs, and the un-edited dialouge interjected in the action make this one of the best scenes in the history of film.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rarely does fiction "get" me like that scene did...

FWIW do NOT watch the "making of"... the director is a raging, en fuego hippy. It changes the tone of the movie when you watch the "making of" and see what he espouses...

True that. The special features disc is a propaganda infused hippy ideological circle-jerk.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

is right

Pretty sure the old guy wasn't asleep after what happened to him

Another

Just watched it yesterday.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, the end scene is fucking awesome.

And he did the continuous shots when they were attacked in the woods too.

There's an behind the scenes feature that shows how they did it. Pretty cool.

ETA: And yes the director is a hippy when you watch the extra stuff.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#30]
We should wall off Detroit and send all the Fugees there.

I don't mean Mexicans, I mean the band.....they suck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cant place what it was.. it just didnt get me... i think it was just too much yakin or something.. And dont get me wrong i can watch a non action movie, this one just didnt get me. If i can sit thru Momemto or Magnolia then i can sit thru some yakkin. Im not saying it was bad it just didnt do it for me.

Hmm fair enough.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Loved the movie...a bit creepy, shtf film.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

You're either trippin', or you're thinking of a different movie.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

You're either trippin', or you're thinking of a different movie.

Shoosh dude.. ITs a carry over from his childhood when Mr Fluffy just took a nap.

Edit: i get it now.. he is thinking of when they show up and they are asleep.. Im talking about when he kills his wife and walks outside and gets whacked.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Lots of Banksy in that movie if you look close.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Interesting movie to say the least. It and Babylon A.D. are about on a par for the weirdness factor. I thought Children of Men was a pretty good movie for a post apocalypse movie. The firefight at the end was really well done. The baby thing was very dramatic and probably pretty reflective of what would actually happen.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#37]

A definitely underrated movie. Its in my top ten.

I remember everyone here hating in though. IIRC, it was because of its left-wing political leanings. Exactly which left-wing message it was rabidly espousing I was somewhat less clear on though. In GD, nonetheless. Imagine that.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A definitely underrated movie. Its in my top ten.

I remember everyone here hating in though. IIRC, it was because of its left-wing political leanings. Exactly which left-wing message it was rabidly espousing I was somewhat less clear on though. In GD, nonetheless. Imagine that.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#39]
It was ok
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#40]
that is one of my all time favorite movies!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#41]
One of my fav. movies ever! I love watching a movie that's coreographed correctly. . . . I hate movies where they empy out 100 round drum mags at people and they duck and run away like nothing. In this movie, when someone aims and shoots the consiquential hit comes out the adverse end.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Interesting movie to say the least. It and Babylon A.D. are about on a par for the weirdness factor. I thought Children of Men was a pretty good movie for a post apocalypse movie. The firefight at the end was really well done. The baby thing was very dramatic and probably pretty reflective of what would actually happen.

that movie SUXED!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top