Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:41:30 PM EDT
The iPad is coming out 4/3 any making thier plans to to sleep out on the sidewalk in front of the apple store yet?

I have an iPhone and love it to death so they probably all ready have my money so far.

Anybody else?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe in a couple of years when it is half price and twice the power.  I do love my iPhone and MacBook though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The iPad is coming out 4/3 any making thier plans to to sleep out on the sidewalk in front of the apple store yet?

I have an iPhone and love it to death so they probably all ready have my money so far.

Anybody else?

Let me get this straight... you have the iPhone... so you're going to go buy an iPhone that can't fit in your pocket, doesn't make calls, and it's more expensive?

Why?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't tether it to the iPhone.  However you could wirelessly tether it to the Droid.  I find that to be highly entertaining.

That fact that it doesn't have flash turned me away.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can't tether it to the iPhone.  However you could wirelessly tether it to the Droid.  I find that to be highly entertaining.

The fact that it is nothing more than an iPod without the attractive feature of fitting in your pocket for a million times more money should turn everyone away.

<––- Loves his iPod Touch and would LOVE a MacBook Pro...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The Ipad looks like a giant piece of shit. If you want to actually get shit done get a little Eeepc/macbook(if you must have an apple). But I do want to see someone modify/hack one so they have a giant Iphone

Its just another stupid toy that people are gonna get killed for.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I want one so I can play games on it like the thing all the bars have sitting on the counter.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't wait till the Slim LCD tv's go out of style.

Looking forward to getting the "new i-tv."

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody else?

Let me get this straight... you have the iPhone... so you're going to go buy an iPhone that can't fit in your pocket, doesn't make calls, and it's more expensive?

Why?

Larger screen mostly.  Think it is a cool concept.  As cool as the iphone is trying to watch a movie or surf the net on the little screen is kind of a bummer.  I would probably wait a bit for the issues to be worked out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#9]
What does it do that my iPod Touch won't do?

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm foing to get one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

weigh more?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]
drink tray
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Getting one asap. Only because I use my iPhone to browse online while in bed and its too damn small. All I want is a bigger iPhone. Voila, iPad - just like a big iphone, without the phone part.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Getting one asap. Only because I use my iPhone to browse online while in bed and its too damn small. All I want is a bigger iPhone. Voila, iPad - just like a big iphone, without the phone part.

Why not get a netbook?  Massively better functionality at a lower price.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody else?

Why?

Larger screen mostly.  Think it is a cool concept.  As cool as the iphone is trying to watch a movie or surf the net on the little screen is kind of a bummer.  I would probably wait a bit for the issues to be worked out.

So use a computer? The iPad would be sick if it ran Mac OS.... but just a giant iPod? Why spend money on it? Buy a MacBook for movies/real internet surfing. And the 'cool concept' of a tablet as been done million times already, and surprisingly, Microsoft did it better
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I won't pronounce it a failure until it's available for sale.

Apple seems to be on a roll with the iPod, then iPhone.   MacAir not so much but this seems to be a device for media and when we see all the ways they've figured out to connect to media with this it might be pretty good to fabulous.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Maybe you just need magnifying reading glasses.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope, no interest what so ever
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Once it runs a useful OS and has some USB ports I'll be interested, till then I'm fine with a netbook and iPod Touch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact that it is nothing more than an iPod without the attractive feature of fitting in your pocket for a million times more money should turn everyone away.

<––- Loves his iPod Touch and would LOVE a MacBook Pro...

I love my iPhone, but the iPad would be a much better device for email and simple net surfing.  The tiny screen is a pain sometimes.

I'll get one eventually, other priorities righ tnow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

YOU CAN TETHER..

this post is from a tethered laptop via wifi..

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody else?

Why?

So use a computer? The iPad would be sick if it ran Mac OS.... but just a giant iPod? Why spend money on it? Buy a MacBook for movies/real internet surfing. And the 'cool concept' of a tablet as been done million times already, and surprisingly, Microsoft did it better

MacBooks are at least twice as expensive though.  A macbook would be the best choice but I dont want to lay out that kind of coin for the amount of use it would get.  The book reader feature is cool too.  Yes I know about the kindle.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not get a netbook?  Massively better functionality at a lower price.

iPad would be much easier to use while laying in bed.  I spent over a year balancing a laptop on my lap while laying down in Iraq.. it's a pain in the ass.

That, and if I want to use a computer I'll just go over to my computer.  I want an iPad just for simple surfing and email... I have a desktop computer for that "massively better functionality."
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

iBooks, iWorks (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation), import images from SD cards, dock, etc...

I'll be picking up a 64GB WiFi verson on April 3rd.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Nope.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

weigh more?

Not fit in your pocket?

Cost more?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU CAN TETHER..

http://i46.tinypic.com/i1ww9k.jpg

That is the single most useful iPhone app in existence. I think it was like $10 or so too. Would have been a bargain at 10X the price.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#29]
The iPad is apples biggest fucking failure yet.  It has less power and less hd space than my $330 netbook, and doesnt even run a real fucking OS.  Nobody wants one except for the apple cultists.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#30]
the ipad is for old people with fat fingers
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#32]
As a big Apple fan, and one of the crazy people who was in line for 11 hours to get my iPhone on opening day, I'm not terribly impressed. Im considering a Win7 netbook instead(after I upgrade to the latest MacBook Pro anyhow).
The iPad needs:
Built-in memory card slot. For both camera downloads and extra OS storage.
Flash. Motherfucking Adobe Flash. Right fucking now. And the next iPhone needs it too. With the iPad's fancy CPU there is no excuse.
E-ink display would be handy, but I don't know enough about that technology to say much.
I'm really annoyed at Apple's hidden battery fetish, too.
I can think of more, but I'm typing this on my iPhone at work and I need to get busy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

weigh more?

Not fit in your pocket?

Cost more?

Look at websites without constantly having to zoom in and zoom out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#34]
the only thing I can think about using it for is flying. I'd love to have large screen map capability with a touch screen. I tried it with my HP tx laptop and  it was too cumbersome for my needs.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:44:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU CAN TETHER..

That is the single most useful iPhone app in existence. I think it was like $10 or so too. Would have been a bargain at 10X the price.

What is it called? I couldn't find anything when I searched for "MyWi".

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Apple has wayyyyyyy more planned.   The ipad may seem simple now but just wait until you have an ipad baby monitor,video conferencing .............

the thing will wipe your piehole in 2 years!
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Apple has wayyyyyyy more planned.   The ipad may seem simple now but just wait until you have an ipad baby monitor,video conferencing .............

the thing will wipe your piehole in 2 years!

Just what we need, an $800 baby monitor.

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

double as a dinner plate or a frisbee
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

btw is that avatar heavy metal?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I write software for Macs and iPhones.  So, I'll be getting one soon.  I'm not overly excited by the device, but if it helps me get new contract work all the better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU CAN TETHER..

What is it called? I couldn't find anything when I searched for "MyWi".

Pretty sure it requires you to jailbreak your phone, so you won't find it on itunes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Looks interesting though a bit pricey.

I'm curious to see the reviews after it's been out a couple of months. Wish it had more interfaces.

There will be a lot more iPad type devices in the next couple of years. I wouldn't be in such a hurry to dismiss it outright.....the Droid is selling well and it only exists because the iPhone exists, but I expect more affordable competeing devices will show up eventually.

There's a huge market for people who're only interested in surfing/email/games. The netbooks are cheaper but still a little bulkier (not length and width, but height and are folding device). The iPad offers a simple, flat device, great size for travelling, they're offering what appears to be a nice protective case that will slip easily into a backpack or even a large purse, so there's definitely a convenience factor. The price is the biggest turnoff for me, I can't justify spending that kind of money for what it does so don't see myself buying one, but looks interesting.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#44]
no, none at all.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Negative.

Now, if Apple made a netbook, I'd be all over that shit.   But the iPad?  NO interest whatsoever.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#46]
what, you run out of tampons?
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#47]

iflop

Every hard core apple enthusiasts I know is passing of the ipad.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

weigh more?

Not fit in your pocket?

Cost more?

Look at websites without constantly having to zoom in and zoom out.

My laptop does that just fine and it has more functionality
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

weigh more?

No contract 3G, bigger screen, runs iWork, can connect to a keyboard, has more power, etc.  It has many pros.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Somewhat similar to the Ipad but ideal for me:

I use this mininotebook for a couple of things.
Browsing in my livingroom on the couch (in stead of using a pc in another room).
Watching downloaded movies via WiFi- Network - External Harddisk - other PC.

It is light, has a batteryendurance of 4 hours. Integrated WiFi and Bluetooth and Touchscreen.
You can use a small stylus to use the touchscreen and the styles can be stored in the nootbook.
You can not use this laptop for work, because the keyboard is absolutely too small.
For work you need something different, but for what I need it for, it's excellent.

Newer versions have multitouch and Windows 7, mine runs on XP.
Excellent machine...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top