Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 1:22:41 PM EDT
Hi, I just got to thinking, when the ban goes away, and assuming (this isn't another what will happen in 04' thread) it's not replaced, will this declassify streetsweepers and USASs as title 2 firearms?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say NO...as the streetsweepers are classified as a Destructive Device by the ATF.  That really has nothing to do with the AW ban.

medcop
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It was my understanding thought that the reclassification as a DD was in the AWB portion of the 94' crime bill. Also is it the AWB section or the entire thing that is set to expire?
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It was my understanding thought that the reclassification as a DD was in the AWB portion of the 94' crime bill.
View Quote

The re-classification occurred during the summer before the ban was passed.

Also is it the AWB section or the entire thing that is set to expire?
View Quote

Just the ban.  All that midnight basketball league BS stays on the books.  Actually, I need to go back and look to see exactly which parts of the ban expire.  I.e. I'm not sure how the AP ammo ban is affected.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The reclassification of the Striker 12's and Streetsweepers was done by Lloyd Bensen when he was Secretary of the Treasury.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top