Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 12:17:35 PM EDT
This from a certain "[b]moderator[/b]" when asked why he was lowering himself to personal insults and name calling (Rule 7) ....

[b]I'll stick with DreckMan for the time being, since it seems to capture all of the essence of your posts!

DaPendsMan, DaMascusMan, and the others will be resurrected whenever they seem appropriate![/b]

This guy really operates by the principal of.. "[b]lead by example[/b]"!

Are the inmates running the asylum??!

DaMan

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You act is wearing thin.  Consider your next post carefully.  Chances are, it'll be your last here.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#2]
WAhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, DaMan, but if you saw my post the other night when I locked the very first thread that I ever locked, I chided myself as well as anyone else for violating the very Forum Conduct Codes that I was enforcing in that thread.

Since then, I have refrained from repeating that pattern.

Haven't you noticed?

Here's the substance of what I said the other evening (Edited to remove the link and replace with my, ahem, speech)

I'm going to do something I have never done on this Board before. I'm going to lock this thread.

And in so doing, I ask you to review the following items from the Forum Conduct Code:

6) Pure trolling. Either to piss someone off or simply for your personal enjoyment. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay.

7) No personal attacks towards ANYONE. If you have a problem with someone, then take it offline with them. If it's with a member of the staff or a moderator, then contact someone from the Senior Staff. Attacking a person, ANY PERSON, in a non-joking manner (clearly visible as a joke) will not be tolerated. Joking and teasing are fine, but if you cross the line, apologize before things get worse. This includes provoking someone into an attack.

In your previous posts, I have not called these items to your attention, simply because I felt that I was just as involved as you were.

Much to my everlasting shame.

But this 'free ride' is over for the two of us.
And maybe a few others, as well.

If you have any problems with this, then please contact a Senior Staff member and make your complaint.

Eric The(Compliant)Hun
View Quote

So if I ever troll you or enrage in personal insults with you, or anyone else, please bring it to my attention immediately!

I've already been humiliated once today by you in reminding me that Merkava tanks continue to be vunerable, contrary to my predictions.

I wouldn't dare take a chance on a second such humiliation.

But do take what I said in that thread very seriously, because this is supposed to be a fun place to visit.

Lately it's become like the locker rooms at Auschwitz!

Eric The(Apologizing)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW, in case I didn't make myself plain, DaMan, I am sorry for anything that I've said or done that has angered you in any manner.

I believe that I just as much as anyone else, and probably more than anyone else, have been guilty of violating not only the Forum Conduct Code, which is, after all the [u]minimum[/u] standards for conduct on this Board, but the higher goals which we should all set for ourselves.

Sorry, again.

Eric The(Miserable)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't we all be friends?            [kill]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This from a certain "[b]moderator[/b]" when asked why he was lowering himself to personal insults and name calling (Rule 7) ....

[b]I'll stick with DreckMan for the time being, since it seems to capture all of the essence of your posts!

DaPendsMan, DaMascusMan, and the others will be resurrected whenever they seem appropriate![/b]

This guy really operates by the principal of.. "[b]lead by example[/b]"!

Are the inmates running the asylum??!

DaMan

View Quote

You wear righteous indignation like O.J. wears leather gloves.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry, DaMan, but if you saw my post the other night when I locked the very first thread that I ever locked, I chided myself as well as anyone else for violating the very Forum Conduct Codes that I was enforcing in that thread.

Haven't you noticed?

If I ever troll you or enrage in personal insults with you, or anyone else, please bring it to my attention immediately!

I've already been humiliated once today by you.

Eric the(Apologizing)Hun
View Quote

Eric, as far as "chiding yourself", I missed that.  You just quoted board regulations.  Which I think [b]ALL[/b] should follow!

I like to play the game.... as long as EVERBODY plays by the same set of rules!

DaMan
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't you noticed?

If I ever troll you or enrage in personal insults with you, or anyone else, please bring it to my attention immediately!

I've already been humiliated once today by you.

Eric the(Apologizing)Hun
View Quote

Eric, as far as "chiding yourself", I missed that.  You just quoted board regulations.  Which I think [b]ALL[/b] should follow!

I like to play the game.... as long as EVERBODY plays by the same set of rules!

DaMan
View Quote

Be coooooooool.

Did I ever tell you about the time we were down about 2000 feet, half the Soviet Navy was already there and the other half on the way when SUDDENLY...........????
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#10]
hwy, someone should send this post to that guy from rguns.[flame]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Post from 5subslr5 -
Did I ever tell you about the time we were down about 2000 feet, half the Soviet Navy was already there and the other half on the way when SUDDENLY...........????
View Quote

No, you never told us anything of the sort and if a Naval Board of Inquiry asks me the same thing that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

But I do have a somewhat lengthy questionaire, that was sent me by a friend in the Middle East, that I'd like to have your help in filling out before I fax it back, if you don't mind.

It's my security-challenged cousin, Jonathan Ben Hun, the son of my uncle, Schlomo Ben Hun, the Official Road Mines Safety Inspector for the IDF.

Here's a photo of my uncle Schlomo Ben Hun now, seeking some pertinent information on roadway conditions and potential hazards of some local youths right now:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/EricTheHun%2FIsraeli%2Dsoldiers052%2Ejpg[/img]

That Uncle Schlomo is a real card, all right. In the IDF he's known as 'Slow Mo' Ben Hun due to his rather taciturn manner of sweeping the Gaza Strip Highway for road hazards and such.

He's probably gonna ask those two youths to assist him in his duties by having them drive a bulldozer in front of his own vehicle.

Eric The(SafetyFirst,Eh'SlowMo'?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Love that picture, Eric!  What's really going on there?

Share with us!

DaMan
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Post from 5subslr5 -
View Quote

No, you never told us anything of the sort and if a Naval Board of Inquiry asks me the same thing that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

But I do have a somewhat lengthy questionaire, that was sent me by a friend in the Middle East, that I'd like to have your help in filling out before I fax it back, if you don't mind.

It's my security-challenged cousin, Jonathan Ben Hun, the son of my uncle, Schlomo Ben Hun, the Official Road Mines Safety Inspector for the IDF.

Here's a photo of my uncle Schlomo Ben Hun now, seeking some pertinent information on roadway conditions and potential hazards of some local youths right now:
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/EricTheHun%2FIsraeli%2Dsoldiers052%2Ejpg[/img]

That Uncle Schlomo is a real card, all right. In the IDF he's known as 'Slow Mo' Ben Hun due to his rather taciturn manner of sweeping the Gaza Strip Highway for road hazards and such.

He's probably gonna ask those two youths to assist him in his duties by having them drive a bulldozer in front of his own vehicle.

Eric The(SafetyFirst,Eh'SlowMo'?)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Eric,
it would be a distinct pleasure and my honor to be allowed to assist Uncle Hun in completing his questionnaire.

Uncle Hun bears a strong resemblance to a Navy Chief I worked for some years ago.  Both have that calm, come-let-us-reason-together look.  
I had been falsely accused of some modestly dastardly deed (bar fight, Shore Patrol, etc.) which was not my fault at all but completely the fault of ALL others and the Chief-of-the-Boat (COB) said:
"Boothe, you "DON'T want to piss off the Captain.  As close as you'll come to God on  earth is before a Ship's Captain or a Federal Judge."

Due to the Chief's calm and rational manner I still remember his message a couple or three years later.

I'm certain the two 'yuts' will benefit equally from Uncle Hun's benevolent wisdom !
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Love that picture, Eric!  What's really going on there?

Share with us!

DaMan
View Quote

Oh, I expected NO serious anwer!  Eric, background of your favorite photo?

DaMan
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Post from DaMan -
Love that picture, Eric! What's really going on there?

Share with us!
View Quote

What? Y'all don't believe that it's my Uncle Schlomo 'Slow Mo' Ben Hun, the lackluster IDF Road Mines Inspector?

Oh all right, it's a pic I got off one of those lovely Palestinian sites, that was captioned 'Israeli soldier threatens young Palestinians.'

From what I can tell, the boys don't look too alarmed at the IDF guy's actions, so I'm not certain just how much threatening is going on.

Eric The(Truthful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#16]
The Palestinian in the center appears to be fascinated by the IDF soldier's eyebrows.

The IDF soldier looks like he's about to grab someone else and play "bang the coconuts". [:D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Just saw "Planet of the Apes" yup that's Uncle Shlomo!

DaMan
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#18]
RACIST PEOPLE!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Palestinian in the center appears to be fascinated by the IDF soldier's eyebrows.

[:D]
View Quote

I believe they call that a unabrow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Kumbaya ma' lord, Kumbaya ........
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

In your previous posts, I have not called these items to your attention, simply because I felt that I was just as involved as you were.

Much to my everlasting shame. ...
View Quote

It sounded at first to me that your feeling of shame was about not calling him on violations.

Now that you've indicated that you were instead shamed at your own transgressions, your respectability has shot up.

If only a certain other moderator had your restraint and self-examination.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top