Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 11:10:19 AM EDT
I might possibly receive a knife, what i suspect is a real Hackman Vietnam era survival knife. Unfortunately here in Finland i have not found much information about it or the history behind its development. I have searched from the net also and have only managed to find one photo.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahh...come on fellas, i know we have knife experts here too, help a fellow member out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know much about them, but there's a picture of one  for sale for $275.00 USD.

http://www.militaryknives.bizland.com/s101.jpg

On this site:
http://www.militaryfightingknives.com/

Larry
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Larry, that was the only site i even had found a picture of it.

Theres a good story behind my query. I had seen an unusual looking knife just laying about with no use at my grandparents house when i was a child, i did not pay any special attention to it since i didnt know what it exactly was.

Just recently, i searched the net for the Hackman Vietnam knife, i had heard about them many times but knew next to nothing about them.

At the second i saw that picture i knew that knife i had seen as a child was just that model. I talked with my grandfather today, since they moved about 4 years ago he was not sure where exactly the knife was, but as soon as we find it, he will give it to me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Good for him.  I hope he finds it soon. My father always has great stories about guns that he has owned, but they always end with  "I gave it away years ago.."

Larry
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT...
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Barring unforseen events, my daughter will never have to hear that.  Except for the very occasional trade, I hope to one day leave all my guns to her.  I had to sell a couple of guns one time when I was a young man for bills to be paid, and don't ever want to have to do that again.  Sure wish I still had that contender and Single Six!  Of course, I'm hoping she is a shooter and appreciates each for what it is, but it will hopefully be worth something monetarily for her too.  Ok....know this had nothing to do with knives, sorry.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is a picture of my knife.

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/4120/images/PK3A68CoBQIAAClldS4_4120_16.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Try this site www.bladeforums.com
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#10]
ibedick, already asked this at Blade Forums, got some information there.

Come on guys/gals, dont tell me there arent any military knife experts here [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top