Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 8:17:48 AM EDT
Not much of a victory, but WE GET TO KEEP OUR SPUD GUNS AND THE AMMO FOR THEM!

[url]http://KeepAndBearArms.com/newsarchives/XcNewsPlus.asp?cmd=view&articleid=2315[/url]

[beer]

Yippee!  I'm gonna go outside and fire a CELEBRATORY ROUND!

[50]

[img]http://members.cox.net/southparkmilitia/images/guns/spud/spudgun1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
[beer]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Godd job guys.Now if you guys can only get a
[chainsaw]goig for the rest of Kalistans crap laws there.Or possibly a steamrollar.[}:D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Dammit. We ate most of our ammo last night with our steaks. [beer]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#4]
We all lose when people are allowed too keep such weapons, I call for an immediate potato tax too keep "cop killer" potato's off the streets!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Either you're happy to see someone or that's a potato in your pocket.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#6]
ban french fries....for the children.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Now if they would just allow airline pilots to carry concealed spuds.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Cal Kid.  Is that gun air pressure operated or butane??  I'm guessing air due to the solinoid.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, that's just great.  When I move to Californistan (after I lose my last marble) I'll be able to shoot 'taters through hardware cloth and make Mach 1 French Fries, but won't be able to own anything else that goes BANG, practically.

Can I make a spud gun shotgun, loaded with tater tots?

At least there's not much concern about the ammo being dangerous to the environment, anyway.

So, if spud guns are legal, what forms are they legal in?   Are they like black powder cannons, and can't have a rifled barrel and must be muzzle loading only, or what?

Can I make a semi-auto spud assault rifle with a flash hider, bayonet lug (peeler?), pistol grip, folding or collapsible stock, and grenade launcher, with a detachable magazine?

What about a full-auto spud assault rifle?

Can small caliber (say 20mm) spud cores be loaded into shells and fired like any other cartridge ammunition?    

How many grains of Winchester 748 does it take to push a 20mm spud core to get 1500 FPS out of
a 20 inch barrel?

CJ
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#10]
How does the law read, I have a buddy in the proples republic of Cali, could I advise him to make a full auto spud gun?  That's what we really need, a belt fed patato gun. We could chamber it in .50 SMG
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#11]
A friend of mine tried to make one once. I watched him make it, and went to watch him fire it.

Never worked.

Anyone have any good links to plans for them???

(good plans that are properly designed not to blow up!)
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey Cal Kid.  Is that gun air pressure operated or butane??  I'm guessing air due to the solinoid.

SGtar15
View Quote

Mine uses compressed air.

The lower tube is the air chamber.  At the far left end is a tire valve inserted into the end of a male 3/4" PVC end plug (inserted from the inside, through a hole I drilled in the plug).

The green thingie on the right is a solenoid-operated sprinkler valve with 3/4" fittings.  It normally uses 24 volts DC but will work on a single 9-volt battery.  It's got one big black knob, a flow control valve.  That acts as a "safety".  When it's all the way closed, the gun can't fire.  There's also a small bleed valve that has to be opened during muzzle-loading.

Inside the handle in the middle are two 9-volt batteries.  There are pushbutton switches on the front and back of the handle (all of which is hidden under my hand).  All of the electrical parts are in series with the solenoid.  2 switches = trigger + grip safety.

The rest is 1.5" Schedule 40 PVC pipe, adapters, glue, and duct tape.

Lowest-rated part is the valve.  It's rated at 150 PSI.  I pump the air chamber up to 150 with a bicycle pump.

Any proper Guy should be able to figure out how to build one with that info!  You need to make a trip to the hardware store, the auto parts store, Radio Shack, and the grocery store.  But if you want plans, just go to your favorite search engine and look for "potato gun" or "spud gun" etc.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I have made a similar one that used compressed air, tire valve, etc. I helped a friend put it together, and it actually would shoot homemade darts quite a ways, but was not strong enough to launch anything like a potato. The problem: his air container was a 3 liter soda bottle! and he wouldn't use PVC for the chamber instead...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top