Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 6:05:55 PM EDT
This outta be good Bravo mainly SWAT guys, vs ALPHA mainly SEALs. They have to go recover a missile in a building. Outta be good.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Boy the ATF guy keeps getting f---d. Shoulda taken the hanger with an atf task force with heavy armor and flame throwers---the "guidance system" woulda been toast as well as the hanger but 4 seals wouldnt have 'died' retrieving it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you win the mission when you killed the ATF guy?
Not that I didn't cheer when it happened.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My personal observation:

Bravo team(mainly SWAT) Went in there and just started wasting everybody from the get go. Result, ATF guy wasted which made that part of the objective incomplete. However lesser casualties amongst the team.

Alpha Team(mainly SEALs) Went in there and engaged first armed individuals, then indiv firing on them. Result, ATF guy escaped thru the backdoor. good I guess cause he was considered a "friendly" and got away. However extensive casualties to the team.

Maybe a happy medium between the two tactics. I've never been in this type of combat or any combat, so I don't know if there is a happy medium between the two tactics.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I only saw the first half of last night's episode, taped the rest.  But I find it very interesting as to why, I think, the SWAT guys have done so well up to now.  

First off they tend to shoot better.  They're trained not to rattle off a clip of full auto at some dude 100 yrds away.  That one guy Jodie, if you watched him, took his time with his shots.  Careful sight picture and then squeezing off a careful shot.  He wasted a lot of "shadows" without wasting much ammo.  The military guys are used to having a huge supply column behind them, so cranking out the shots is what they do; no civilian collateral damage to worry about on a battle field (not to mention no attorneys), just the opposite of what the SWAT guys have to worry about - questionable resupply and shit-loads of civies and attorneys to worry about.  

Secondly the SWAT guys tend to be a little more head-up about what they're doing; i.e. they tend to think more.  That one episode where you were supposed to rescue the dude in truck 13.  Well the first truck by was truck 23.  The SWAT guys let it go by and attacked the correct (the next) truck.  The military guys just wanted to kick some ass and didn't wait to see which truck it was; they just wanted to rip off clips of full auto in front of the camera.  So they attacked the wrong truck.  I mean like how hard is it "attack truck number 13, don't attack any other truck".  This isn't rocket science.

But the military guys definately do have the best hair care products.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#5]
What the heck is going on CM comes on Thursday nights doesn't it?

You're tell me I missed an episode last night?

Mike

PS I hate network TV (but bear it for CM and this is one of the reason the jerks change the programing schedules more fequently than I bathe). Was doing some reloading last night and listening to the stereo, bummer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Combat Missions is on USA Network Weds nite. There is a repeat on Sun nites around 23-2400 I believe.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
It's just a game.  

That show is an embarassment to Operators.

SARguy
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a combat missions usa web site.

The repeat nites have changed once or twice. Yeah I'm in favor of Bravo. Seem to make the right moves and work as a team. Long gone Jody, I think he must have been one heck of a shot. Saw him wax a fellow at what looked like 300 yards off hand. Incredible.

Now for Survivor IV. This looks like a repeat of III where they had a team of lazy out for themselves kids. They vote off the any one with leadership skills and smarts so they can have a vacation. Old Hunter (the ex navy fighter jock) was right on target, and the target. Anyone see his closing comments as they booted him off. Classic.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
...and what do Survivor and Combat Missions have in common and why do I watch? Besides the same producer, they are game shows with teams, who must work together to accomplish an objective.

I enjoy watching the interpersonal activity, people getting along and how they react. People working together getting things done, and other people screwing people over for the benefit of themselves. It's a lesson on life really.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How do you win the mission when you killed the ATF guy?
View Quote

No kidding, shouldn't you lose more than 100pts for killing a 'friendly'???

And since the BATF guy ran away in the second mission, shouldn't that count as a successful completion of the objective?  

That would have changed the outcome of the entire mission.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I enjoyed last night's episode.  I like watching the interaction between the team members and sometimes the tactics (though these guys don't seem to pay too close attention to Frag Orders - last night's suprise ATF undercover agent, and the infamous Truck 13 from a few episodes back when most of the teams fired up the wrong truck.)  Was interesting to see the new guy who joined Bravo. He's from DSS-MSD (Diplomatic Security Service - Mobile Security Detachment).  This guy was on Discovery Channel's "On the Inside - State Department Protectors."   However, I wasn't very impressed with his performance on C.M. last night.  We'll see.  Just my .02 cents.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
The ATF guy is a "distractor". Did you notice that at least 3 guys looked exactly the same? No one will get that 100 pts, and no one is supposed to, the producers are just doing it to increase the stress level. That way more interesting mistakes will be made. He will always get shot, or escape.

The Bravo SWAT guys continue to kick ass on the exercises. Always the fastest time. Always the least casualties. But this makes sense, because they all are active duty, and they all get way more trigger time in training than the military types. If they only had some beef so that they wouldn't go into every exercise 75 points down from losing those bonus deals.

I was rooting for Bravo the whole time. It must have been a tough mission, because Bravo lost two and they never lose any. Looks like that assessment was right when Alpha lost almost the entire team.

Jody was an incredible shot. To bad he had to leave on the medical.

Notice the producers aren't really getting their money's worth with the voting guys off thing. These guys are much more calculating and cool than the yahoos on survivor. If they bring it back for another run maybe they'll focus more on the missions.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If they bring it back for another run maybe they'll focus more on the missions.
View Quote

Yep, I wish the show had 30 minutes more missions in them.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Any ya'll supose "Dthor" will be tuned in and takin notes..?  [}:D]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok, I finally saw my recording of the show.  I don't know why the SEAL's lost, guess either the SWAT guys just out-shot them, or the SEALs were much more concerned about saving the ATF guy and therefore were more cautious.  Or perhaps the SWAT guys, just like the SWAT guys at Columbine - who wasted 6-8 or those kids, just didn't care about the ATF dude and just went in shooting everybody.  Or perhaps the SEAL's just don't get enough shootin in, probably way to much BS paper work for them to do in the Military these days.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]
After watching last night's rerun, it seems like the Seal dominated Alpha guys got screwed on the ATF rescue. Someone else mentioned that the ATF guy probably can't be rescued and was added to the mission as a distraction.  But during Alpha's mission, the ATF guy took off within the first five seconds of the firefight. If he'd hit the deck right away, maybe Alpha's lone survivor might have found him and gotten a win for his team.  But when the ATF guy bolted for the door, there was zero chance of extracting him.  It'll be interesting to see how Charlie and Delta fare as far as rescuing him.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
After watching last night's rerun, it seems like the Seal dominated Alpha guys got screwed on the ATF rescue. Someone else mentioned that the ATF guy probably can't be rescued and was added to the mission as a distraction.  But during Alpha's mission, the ATF guy took off within the first five seconds of the firefight. If he'd hit the deck right away, maybe Alpha's lone survivor might have found him and gotten a win for his team.  But when the ATF guy bolted for the door, there was zero chance of extracting him.  It'll be interesting to see how Charlie and Delta fare as far as rescuing him.
View Quote

I'd have to disagree.  The ATF agent fled because a group of armed men came into the warehouse shooting.  This is just a guess, but I think the key to securing the undercover agent (besides not shooting him, of course [:D]) is for the team to identify themselves during the entry and to order people down on the ground.  They'll still probably have to shoot the bad guys, but the agent might be instructed to hit the groud if ordered, but to flee the building otherwise.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Anybody know what happened to the (seal)Alfa team leader who was replaced recently?  What caused that?  Did he get kicked out? Why??

I missed the show last week, so don't really know what happened there.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#19]
While watching the Championship Adventure Race on Discovery Channel, one of the teams had a familiar face. Team Cure Parkinsons had "The German" as a member.

[url]http://www.teamcureparkinsons.com/harald.html[/url]

Apparantly, he started an adventure race consulting company with former Alpha member Dan O'Shea.

I'm also wondering if the on-screen conflict between Delta's Helvenston and Alpha's O'Shea wasn't staged. They work together as part of stunt and diving consulting group for movies:

[url]http://www.frogmen.com/team/default.html[/url]

So just how many former Navy Seals enter the entertainment industry?
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Now for Survivor IV. This looks like a repeat of III where they had a team of lazy out for themselves kids. They vote off the any one with leadership skills and smarts so they can have a vacation. Old Hunter (the ex navy fighter jock) was right on target, and the target. Anyone see his closing comments as they booted him off. Classic.M4-AK
View Quote

Maybe they could do a crossover episode the teams could "drop" in on the campfire kids and Helvenston could put em through a few attitude adjustment drills. Those they dont manage to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#21]
WHO WATCHED SORRY CHARLIE LAST NITE?
3-20-02
Can those guys screw up a wet dream?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WHO WATCHED SORRY CHARLIE LAST NITE?
3-20-02
Can those guys screw up a wet dream?

M4-AK
View Quote

No wet dreams for them, they all died.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#23]

M4-AK[/quote]

No wet dreams for them, they all died.[/quote]

You think it's, Tactics, Strengths, or Teamwork?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:31:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm just surprised that the SWAT guys don't kick everyone's ass because they're active duty and it's in the agreement that all military guys can't be active and therefore some may have been out for a long time.  Lose some of the technical edge and maybe the physical edge too.  Go Delta.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top