Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 11:07:35 AM EDT
How are they, or should is the REI store brand better?  What else is good out there?

Will be going to Yosemite next week, any and all info will be highly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a good bag, a little on the heavy and bulky side.  They have great warranty on them.  The owner of the company on the other hand is a bit of a blow hard, if you ever read his news letter that comes with the bag you will learn that if it is not made by "Wiggy" the manufactures is liars and the gear cannot work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:53:57 AM EDT
[#2]
REI bags blow.  I have a Zero degree rated REI bag and if gets around 20 I'll have on full fleece to keep from freezing.

I have no personal experince with Wiggy's bags but the ones I's seen seem to be good quality.

I miss the old North Face down bags.  I'm not real confident that the new North Face stuff is up to the standard of 20 years ago.

I'd take a look at Mountain Harware bags too.  They seem to be a top line now a days.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I am NOT at all comfortable with this discussion of my bags, sleeping or otherwise. I would suggest that you all should make an appointment to personally inspect my bags prior to forming an opinion.
I am a former Paramedic and very confident of my knowledge of human anatomy, but I must confess that I am at a loss to explain what a 'down' bag is! Is this some sort of 'slang' or 'street lingo' to describe the family jewels repository? Mrs. Wiggy likes to call it the 'fun bag', is there a connection?
In closing, please refrain from all associated discussions regarding 'Wiggy's sleeping (or otherwise) bags'. Thank you
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Stay away from them.  The guy is a nut.  He "discovered" an amazing insulation inside of some pillows he bought, and created the world's best sleeping bag.  They are very heavy, and not compressible.  They come from the factory in some sort of shrink wrap that makes them look small, but once you take them out you will never see them that size again.  Check out the North Face Polarguard bags for a much superior product.  Their Darkstar is almost as compressible as a comparable down bag and is very inexpensive for what you get.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
i tell you, try to get your hands on a USMC issue MSS bag. i had a NorthFace darkstar in the Early 90's and i actually prefer it to my Darkstar. cheaper too! $399 from SG or BQ but i found mine at a gunshow surplus dealer who didnt know what he had. he said "make me an offer" and $100 later i was taking home all 3 components
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top