Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2002 10:28:22 AM EDT
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
March 13, 2002 12:00:00

FORT WORTH - Gregory Glenn Biggs apparently lived only hours, not days, after he was struck by a car in October and left to die lodged in the vehicle's windshield, the Tarrant County medical examiner said Tuesday.

Dr. Nizam Peerwani said the extent of Biggs' injuries, including the near amputation of his left leg, indicates the 37-year-old man died of a loss of blood quicker than the two- to three-day time frame police originally stated.

"He couldn't have died instantaneously," Peerwani said. "There was some interval of time before he died. . . .

"No way are we going to support two or three days that he was alive. We are talking in hours."

Chante Mallard, 25, a nurse's aide charged with murder in Biggs' death, remained in Tarrant County Jail on Tuesday with bail set at $250,000.

Police spokesman Duane Paul said investigators received conflicting information about the man's time of death during a Feb. 26 interview with Mallard and from the woman who first tipped police after hearing Mallard discuss the accident in mid-February.

Paul said regardless of how long it took for Biggs to die, evidence shows he was alive after the accident.

Can someone explain why this makes any sort of difference?

[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully anger and outrage from the Andrea Yates trial will send this gal to the cell next door on death row.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I was listening to a discussion on this on WLS from Chicago, and this fine upstanding woman called in to say that because the woman driving was high, we shouldn't hold her accountable for the accident... WHAT??????????   Shouldn't be out on any bail, as she has shown a blatant disregard for human life, should get a small uncomfortable chair to sit in, and a small injection to "relax" her(permanently.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The more I hear about how this woman was also a victim, I can't help but wonder if these folks would feel the same way if the driver had been white, and the victim had been black.

IMHO, the jury should be made up of color blind people, and she should be judged on the heinous nature of the crime, and punished to the full extent of the law.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The more I hear about how this woman was also a victim, I can't help but wonder if these folks would feel the same way if the driver had been white, and the victim had been black.

IMHO, the jury should be made up of color blind people, and she should be judged on the heinous nature of the crime, and punished to the full extent of the law.
View Quote

Is there a flying pig smilie? And where exactly would you find the people mentioned above?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Got any photos? It would really help.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]The Perp:[/b]
[img]www.msnbc.com/local/KXAS/images/NBCALQDYLXCP.jpg[/img][img]images.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/03/07/mallard2.jpg[/img]

[b]The Victim:
[img]a392.g.akamai.net/f/392/745/1d/www.wfaa.com/localnews/stories/S_IMAGE.ec8b8185a5.93.88.fa.80.4cd9681.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Give the worthless, piece of sh*t, waste of flesh, drug-addicted skag a cyanide martini.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, according to the newspaper, she went to the garage and appoligized to him for three days. Doesn't that make it all better?????
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually it was not the drugs that made her hit the man, it was she thought that the man was going to be possesed by the devil so she killed him to save him from the devil[devil]She will claim that she heard voices that said this and plead insanity. She went out to the garage for 3 days not to appologize but to see if she was successful in saveing this mans soul!How is that for an insanity plea.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#13]
The guy was homeless, right? Where are the homeless advocates now? Why aren't they crying their littles ass*s off about the death of this guy?

I know why, but saying so will probably get me banned.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Now I know why my neck is always so damn sore
It comes from constantly shaking my head in disbelief of the things that happen at the hands of stupid people in the world!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone see the "Twilight Zone" on Tuesday?

The guy hit a kid and the car came alive and eventually drove him to the PD to turn himself in.  The car had a conscience when the man didn't.

A pretty good episode.

Oh ya, fry the B!@#$!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:46:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[b]The Perp:[/b]
[img]www.msnbc.com/local/KXAS/images/NBCALQDYLXCP.jpg[/img][img]images.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/03/07/mallard2.jpg[/img]

[b]The Victim:
[img]a392.g.akamai.net/f/392/745/1d/www.wfaa.com/localnews/stories/S_IMAGE.ec8b8185a5.93.88.fa.80.4cd9681.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Is that Opra?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top