Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2002 7:24:59 AM EDT
[b]Here's the emails between H&R Block and myself. If any of you are using or consider using this company during tax season you should seriously reconsider. H&R Block Must DIE![/b]

[i][email protected] wrote:
In your message submitted 03/12/02 you wrote:

Is it true that you have severed your marketing agreement with the NRA? I am a longtime customer and have put my Mother-In-Law, My Mother and other family members through Block each year during tax season. As a long standing customer I would like a response.[/i]

-----------------------------------------------

Our Response:
 Thank you for sharing your views with us.  We have taken the matter very seriously.

H&R Block offers its products and services equally to all taxpayers.  The company does not take a stand on social issues outside the realm of tax and financial services.

This tax season H&R Block entered an agreement with a marketing company to expand our ability to market our tax products and services.  A number of organizations interpreted this agreement in a way that had H&R Block taking a particular side of a social issue - something our company does not do.  
 Therefore, we are ending the agreement to remove ourselves from a debate we don't belong in and to prevent any outside group from using H&R Block to promote their agenda.

H&R Block's sole focus remains on helping all Americans with their tax and financial needs.

(My Response) [b]Your reply is disingenuous and unsatisfactory.  What your response really means is that your agreements

are not worth anything.  You could have said publicly what you stated to me - that a group has taken a
marketing agreement with the NRA a mischaracterized it as support for the stand of the NRA.  You could
have said that the anti-gun forces were welcome to create their own marketing agreement with Block as
well. Instead you chose to reward one group and penalize another. Your actions are not those of a neutral
party nor are they those of a principled company.  

Our market is an open market and you are free to make these choices.  However, I have my freedom of choice as well and I will exercise it.  I'll not only take my and my family's tax related business elsewhere, I'll actively campaign against your firm with my friends and business associates.

You will learn the same lesson that Smith & Wesson and K Mart learned.  The anti-gunners may have big mouths but shooters and fair-minded Americans have deep pocket and long memories.[/b]

Have at it folks.  Let them know how you feel and how you'll act.[url]http://www.hrblock.com/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is what I sent to H&R Block (Coyote, I plagerized part of your statement, I hope you don't mind; I thought it was great, we really need to make it happen).

Sirs,

Reference your recent decision to pubicly side with anti-self defense and pro-rapist rights groups to drop the NRA marketing agreement:

You will learn the same lesson that Smith & Wesson and K Mart learned. The anti-gunners may have big mouths but shooters and fair-minded Americans have deep pocket and long memories.

I will never use H&R Block and I will ACTIVELY work to ensure my family, friends, coworkers other shooters never use H&R Block.

Regards,

[my name]
NRA Life Member
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Geez,

This seems like the same kind of overreaction to a recent issue.  H&R can make the choice to stop supporting the NRA, and I'm OK with that, as long as they don't START supporting the MMM or any Anti group.  

They're right,  they do one thing.  TAXES.  They shouldn't be getting involved with anything outside of their industry.  I think it's wiser for a large company with a broad customer base (since EVERYONE pays taxes), to stay out of broad political issues.

However, I firmly support ANYONE's decision to not do business with H&R Block because of the recent issues.  I would not support a boycott, tho.  I used H&R Block to do my taxes this year, before they caved to the Antis, and I'm not extremely upset about it.  Next year, I will likely not use them, as I usually do my taxes myself.

M@

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Geez,

This seems like the same kind of overreaction to a recent issue.  H&R can make the choice to stop supporting the NRA, and I'm OK with that, as long as they don't START supporting the MMM or any Anti group.  

They're right,  they do one thing.  TAXES.  They shouldn't be getting involved with anything outside of their industry.  I think it's wiser for a large company with a broad customer base (since EVERYONE pays taxes), to stay out of broad political issues.

However, I firmly support ANYONE's decision to not do business with H&R Block because of the recent issues.  I would not support a boycott, tho.  I used H&R Block to do my taxes this year, before they caved to the Antis, and I'm not extremely upset about it.  Next year, I will likely not use them, as I usually do my taxes myself.

M@

View Quote
OVERREACTION???????  You are kidding, right?  Look at the tactics used by the antis to bring this about.  Block caved in very quickly.  Why shouldn't we raise hell at them?  By doing what they did, they ARE supporting MMM and the others.  Look at the message it sends to the sheeple.

Anyway, this is old news.  See
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=100276[/url]
and

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=100166[/url]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]
When the press releases call this a major victory for the anti self-defense and pro-rapists rights organizations, then its very definitely support for VPC, MMM and TBC.  If you can't see that, then, in all due respect, you're not really paying attention.

I e-mailed H&R Block and got the stock answer above within 10 minutes or so.  This tells me that they're not going to deal with this, just let auto-reply messages deal with it.

Its time to kill HR blockheads!

Merlin
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 4:19:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Contrast the response of H&R Block to the recent Dell Computer incident and the outcry over that. Remember that Dell has a similar program and that there was a lot of buzz in the gun community about them contributing to gun control organizations because of their affiliate program? Dell said that participation in the affiliate program didn't have anything to do with their position on the gun issue - either way - for, or against.

Not H&R Block!  They dropped the NRA like a bad habit.  Keep this issue at the top of the forum until after tax season.

[b] H&R Block must die![/b]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top