BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 7:16:49 PM EDT
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Washington Times
March 10, 2002
Pg. 9

France Refuses To Bomb Some Afghan Targets

PARIS — France has refused to allow its warplanes to attack some targets in Afghanistan assigned to them by U.S. commanders during the past week, arguing that the missions endangered civilians, Le Monde daily said.

The report in Le Monde's Sunday edition did not say how many missions the French had refused to carry out.

But it quoted responsible figures in the French military as saying French aircraft had completed around 20 missions in the Gardez region, attacking more than a dozen targets, in the past week.

Targets assigned to the French by the U.S. command are checked by the French command in the region, which is under instructions from President Jacques Chirac and Prime Minister Lionel Jospin.
<<<<<<<<<<<

What's the deal with the French? They wouldn't let us fly their airspace during our raids on Lybia. They refuse to honor the embargo on Iraq. They sell nuclear technology and help build a nuclear reactor to Iraq (pre-desert storm). They sell technology to anybody that will pay. Now they refuse to bomb assigned targets. They have one big set of balls for a country that has surrendered to enemies so often it should become their national policy.....
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I chuckle when I think of this line from Dumb and Dumber...

After Lloyd Christmas says that they are going to Aspen, his dumbassed friend says,
"The French are a**holes."

Jesus that movie was funny.

Oh, back to the French.  Fuck'em!

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
French Pussies!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It still amazes me that we even bother with those french bastards. WTF, when will we learn.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
We should just bomb the targets they won't with bombs much larger than needed tonnage.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I only wish I could be more eloquent in statement but what the hell.

PHUCK the French.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We should just bomb the targets they won't with bombs much larger than needed tonnage.
View Quote

Bomb the French with bigger bombs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]
No, no , no... The newpaper has it ALL WRONG.

See, over 50% of the French troops have surrendered. It's not that they are refusing, it's that they don't have the manpower.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#9]
They have one big set of balls for a country that has surrendered to enemies so often it should become their national policy.....
View Quote
You misunderstand.  This is due to a LACK OF BALLS!  The French aren't worried about bombing civilians, they just don't want to piss of the terrorists or they might have to surrender again!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's what I think about the French.

"..." (I DON'T!)
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#11]
First 8 weeks in French campe de boot: How to say "I surrender!" in 14 different languages (including Lithuanian) and how to drop your rifle while running without hurting yourself.

FS: French rifle, near mint condition, never fired, dropped only once, remnants of white clothe near the frontend of the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#12]
You mean were NOT there to kill every last Afghan?

Shoot.  Now I feel embarassed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#13]
FOR SALE:

500 French Rifles
Never used and only dropped once!

Make me an offer...
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The problem with the French is that they think they are a global super power, which they aren't.  They don't take orders from the US and are definately not reliable.  If there ever was a country that should be loyal to us, its them, they owe us everything!

If you want to understand the French look on the USA, just realize that they originally banned the importation or production of Coke (soda) in their country because they believed that the US had secret ingredients that would make the French easier to control.  They also thought Coke would harm their wine industry.  

All you can really say is that the french are REAALLLY french and they don't like US influence.  They really are afraid of us.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#15]
From the movie:  We were Soldiers:

Scene 2

Two high ranking JOS walk fast down hallway in pentagon, talking about the upcoming action in Vietnam.

Gen 1:  We have to go to war with a bunch of cavemen in black pajamas?

gen: 2  We wouldn't be there if they hadn't already beaten the French Army.

gen 1:  French Army??  Whats that?

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://www.spoothe.com/pages/art/french_man.jpg[/img]

French sissies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I have met only one person from France who is not a sissie, and he is now an American.  Here is a link to the Champlin Firearms website.  I built this site for them in trade for, you guessed it, GUNS!!!  I got (2) Colt AR-15s, (1) Glock 21, (1) Glock 19, (1) SigSauer P225, (1) Mossberg Tactical 12G Shotgun, and tons of other little stuff.  I still do work for them and trade it out to keep my hobby and passion for guns alive.  Oh yeah, JJ Perodeau is the link to check out.  He is the best gunsmith I have ever seen and a great friend!  He would probably say phuck the French as well.

[url]http://www.champlinarms.com/team.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Non-sissy Frenchman:
[img]http://www.french-market.com/albania/A%20découvrir/Autres%20sites/autresBobDenard.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Ahh!! ze war' has startedd...where are ze Americans to hep us?  Send a massage queekly!
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#20]
We should not be dealing with France, at least as this war is concerned. Politely rebuff their offers of "help". You see, the French surrendered to the muslims some time ago. Within our lifetimes the majority of "frenchmen" will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation muslim immigrants.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:19:54 PM EDT
[#21]
They are afraid their bomber pilots will figure out a way to surrender in midair.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Still angry at the French:
1980's,Persian Gulf, Iraqi pilot, French jet, French anti-ship missle fired, result:  39 or 40 dead aboard USS Stark.
Enough said.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FOR SALE:

500 French Rifles
Never used and only dropped once!

Make me an offer...
View Quote
I was at a pawn shop with a co-worker who really doesn't know much about guns. He picks up one of the MAS semi-autos and asks me if it was worth what they were asking for it. I told him that it was a french military rifle, and therefore, had probably never been fired. Everybody within ear-shot started laughing.......
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#24]
However much I dislike the French attitude lately and in the past, I will say that we must give thanks to the few men and women who aided our pilots and soldiers in WW II.  The French Resitance is a fine example of locals fighting against oppressive forces that have occupied their land.  The current French government, however, disgusts me.  Just my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top