Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 6:18:54 PM EDT
Ladies and Gentlemen, we got screwed today.

It was a hard-fought battle.  The bill was never supposed to make it out of the assembly.  It did.

It was supposed to stay bottled up in Committee in the Senate.  It got out.

It was to get to a vote.  Instead of even getting to a vote, some scoundrel pulled a dirty trick.  The bill never even got a chance to be voted upon fairly.  The Democrat leadership of the Senate has proven their dishonesty and has shown the lengths they will go to pursue their agenda.

As honorable citizens, how should we respond?  

Mike
WCCA Volunteer
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
We need to start riding some asses in the Senate and make sure that this injustice does not stand. This was clearly a criminal act. This isn't over.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The only way to truly punish the two responsible is for them to be voted out.  However, they're VERY popular in their districts.  (For those who don't know Wisconsin, the two responsible for killing ccw are from Madison.  Madison is often refered to as the Berkley of the north, "forty square miles surrounded by reality," etc.)

PUNISH THE DEMOC[b]RATS![/b]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The best way to punish them it to take away their toys.  Elect more Republicans and demand big tax cuts.  Democraps hate having their tax revenue get cut--it means they have less money to buy votes and social engineer.  They won't love being big Democrat politicians so much if they are in the minority in the Senate and poor.

I really commiserate with you Cheeseheads.  We have the same problems here i Maryland, maybe worse.  We had gun control passed here via similar extra-legal tactics.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel like I've been raped by my government.

Prebans,
I noticed your WCCA signature line.  I saw Dick Baker at the Capital tonight but didn't get a chance to talk to him.  There was a lot going on.  Have you heard anything from him yet?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, but we weren't talking about gun control.  I guess in the sense that Vermont model CCW is the best, but anyway....

Gun control would have a very hard time in WI.  Read my post in the other thread about how far we came.  The biggest grass roots effort in 25 years of WI politics.

So, in that sense we're ahead of MD, but not if a D gets elected Governor in the fall....  God help us then.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The Hogs are Hungry.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Muad:

I talked to Dick before you got there.  He felt like we were getting screwed.

Not much else to say.  He's a man of few words and a lot of action.

My kind of guy.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]
[repost]

Ok, I've just done the following.

1)  E-mail Sen Risser expression my disappointment and embarrassment for our state by his actions.  Kept it polite and professional.  

2)  E-mailed my state senator (R. Decker) expressing same on Sen. Risser's behavior and strongly urging him to support the removal of Risser from his position.

3)  E-mailed same to Gov McCullum, along w/ an atta-boy about his stance on keeping our ridiculous taxes from becoming even worse.  

All messages were relatively short, included a description of the embarrassing events on the floor (based on the descriptions in this thread).  The messages were professional and as polite as possible.

[red][size=4]I STRONGLY URGE EVERYONE IN WISCONSIN TO DO THE SAME.  [/red][size=2]
Be sure to include your name, addy, and phone number
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Mails have been sent...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top