Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 5:00:59 PM EDT
They also killed the idea of liberty.  They killed the notion that the great State of Wisconsin is mad up of more than 2 liberal senatorial districts in Madison.

The criminal Risser called for a movement to move on to Step 15, barely asked for objections, and slammed his gavel.  Chuck Chvala immediatley moved for the adjournmant of the Senate and that was it...

To the sounds of dozens of men and women Senators all screamong their objections - the bastards yanked the audio feed.

I will never forget the sound of tthose voices objecting to Senator Risser moving out of Step 14, EVER!

Corey, called me right afterwards.  He said Chvala was smiling and signing autographs for people while Risser pounded his gavel endding the Senate session.  What a disgrace.

Now we have to wait until November to get those two the hell out of there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Can someone translate for this poor Canadian that does not know how the American Law making system works...

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
May they both contract guinea worm.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like Wisconsin will be voting from the rooftops soon!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't shed a tear.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can someone translate for this poor Canadian that does not know how the American Law making system works...

View Quote

Storm - basically the two Democratic Party leaders of the Wisconsin State Senate can both make-up rules and decide when the Senate has had their say.  

They both have Senate districts that comprise the ultra-left-wing city of Madison, WI.  They now demonstrated that they think they can speak for the whole state.

They're gone come the November elections.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not that I think you're serious, but that's the 100% sure fire way to NOT get what we want. Just want to make that point before some morons go screaming "REVOLUTION!!!!" [whacko]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:23:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the sentiment grim, but we should have no problem voting these two losers into non-existance later this year.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Not that I think you're serious, but that's the 100% sure fire way to NOT get what we want. Just want to make that point before some morons go screaming "REVOLUTION!!!!" [whacko]
View Quote

Agreed, but that thought of those slimy heads exploding in a cloud of red has a certain appeal right now. It probably will be less appealing after I filter the six pack I've just downed and cool off.

Good night.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Put my name on the distribution list.  $100 to the election campain of Risser's oppenent when the time comes.  I'm good for it, but be sure to let me know where the send the check.

-Lazy
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basically they just jumped over the vote in the agenda by making a motion and ignoring the objectors. Definitely contrary to standard Rules of Order.

We saw this in Canada when (C17/86?) passed third or final reading in Parliament in the middle of the night when the house was pretty much empty. They called the vote on the bill, instead of when it was scheduled in the agenda.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#11]
You should be allowed under the rules of order to kick someones ass for that, right in the middle of the senate chamber. Fucking Democrat

Benjamin
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't believe that either of them, Risser of Chvala are up for re-election this fall.  And they are very secure in their little UW student monopolized downtown districts.  Which is why them took the fall for this and shuffled Sen. "Spineless" Wirch out of of the room.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't believe that either of them, Risser of Chvala are up for re-election this fall.  
View Quote

I heard someone else mention this tonight at the Capital.  I'm going to have to get [i]even more[/i] politically active now.  

I'm one of those students (though older).  From what I can see, like the rest of the State, the student body is generally made up of kids from conservative families.  The problem is that those same kids were raised in an environment where they feel as though everything is fine.  The truth is that the conservative kids need to be just as vocal as the liberals...but they're not.  So what happens???  The vocal minority wins out.  The tyranny of the masses at work.

Maybe I should change my major to poli-sci.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe I should change my major to poli-sci.
View Quote

No!  Don't do that!  Then you just might end up a lawyer!

We'd much rather have a pro-gun doctor.  [:D]  They make a lot more money.  And probably don't drink as much.  Or lie, cheat, steal.  Or run for senator....

Hey, a DOCTOR who runs for SENATOR.  Now THAT I like!  [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top