Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 7:55:17 AM EDT
How many people are registered with these anti-gun groups and how active are they?  I get the feeling that they must be more of them then there are of us, otherwise I would have a SPAS12 and an M16 right now if I could.  Do we have any figures on how many members these organizations?  The two main organizations I know of are the Brady Campaign and the Million Mom March, I think there are a few others but those are the main ones.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard (can't substantiate) that they have a total paying membership of around 125,000.  Of course, they also have the sympathetic ear of every media idiot around.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#2]
OH thats frickin hilarious. When will the republicans wake up and figure out that if they want to be conservative they will not be on the loosing side.  What the hell. It takes HOW MANY NRA MEMBERS to beat the ANTI-GUNNERS?? Last time I heard over ten years ago the NRA had about 3/4 Million members??? They can't beat these pukes??

Benjamin

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The use "force multipying" guerilla tactics.  When the MMM came to town, I was sickened by how many of the local yokels (especially minorities) were walking around with stickers, banners, and other give aways.  Made me want to puke.  It's the same thing they do with DARE, or MADD, or SADD or any other bleeding heart social cause that ends up taking away our rights in return for feel good safety laws.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Why don't we get our own tv channel.
our version of news
our version of events
Our reporters
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why don't we get our own tv channel.
our version of news
our version of events
Our reporters
View Quote

Friging A man. I wouldn't watch anything else.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 11:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
"When will the republicans wake up and figure out that if they want to be conservative they will not be on the loosing side."

The Republicans don't want to be "conservative"!

The "game" has changed.

The "teams" have figured out that it is the "appearance" of "battle" that the audience sees.

The Demorats and the Republicants have teamed up AGAINST us and what you see in the media is the "game" of politics while the "teams" pick your pocket.

Simple isn't it?

Politics is a game. But a serious game. As long as the general public continues to think that the "game" is real nothing will really change. Government.Org will just continue to bleed us until there is nothing left.

Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OH thats frickin hilarious. When will the republicans wake up and figure out that if they want to be conservative they will not be on the loosing side.  What the hell. It takes HOW MANY NRA MEMBERS to beat the ANTI-GUNNERS?? Last time I heard over ten years ago the NRA had about 3/4 Million members??? They can't beat these pukes??

Benjamin

View Quote

Umm, I think they did. That is why they own congress, and that is why GWB is president now and not Al Gore. The various gun control groups have never been able to command a block vote like the NRA could. They just buy media time or funnel money through the Democratic party to people like Jackson and Sharpton who can command a block vote, but need cash.

Some members of the Republican party are STILL having trouble seeing that this is a sham though, that the anti-gun lobby doesnt have the numbers to oust them if they just stick to their guns, no pun intended, all they can do is run attack adds.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"When will the republicans wake up and figure out that if they want to be conservative they will not be on the loosing side."

The Republicans don't want to be "conservative"!

The "game" has changed.

The "teams" have figured out that it is the "appearance" of "battle" that the audience sees.

The Demorats and the Republicants have teamed up AGAINST us and what you see in the media is the "game" of politics while the "teams" pick your pocket.

Simple isn't it?

Politics is a game. But a serious game. As long as the general public continues to think that the "game" is real nothing will really change. Government.Org will just continue to bleed us until there is nothing left.

Prove me wrong.
View Quote

Quite correct.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, we have a good 120K people out there that hate guns… Now we are not going to be able to change their views about guns, however we may be able to divert them.  They clam that children are dieing every day from gun accidents, well what efforts have they made to prevent those accidents?  The single most powerful tool that can be used to curve those numbers is education.  Why aren’t they pushing for a program that show students in our school system from an early age what firearms are and how they operate?  Sure they should be though that at home, but there are people out there that don’t educate their kids and this makes up the majority of the people that have accidents.  

Sure there are people in that 120k that just want your guns incinerated, but if they start to lose that “save the children” mentality and just have that “take your guns away” mentality then they will lose public support.  And in the end, that’s what we want.

One thing to remember though, one activist is equal to a 100 voters – so keep that in mind.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top