Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 6:19:43 AM EDT
[url]http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/43352.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, we have the pick of the litter in this coming election dont we jamon!

H Carl McCall (D)- rabid Dem antigunner

Andrew Cuomo (D) - Mr. HUD housing, havent seen
much on his gun stance - but if it anything like his father....ugh!

George Pataki (R) - I was so happy when he got elected - then he screwed us every so quietly with the feel good legislation which supposidly 'mirrored' the federal ban. But even to this day, even the lawyers are confused on how to interpret it.

I dunno bout you, but my 5 year plan is to move to the free state of TEXAS, where I'll live happily in DONR's backyard. [:D] I can see nothing for the future of gun rights here in NY except for further restrictions regardless of who gets in!

When we move, I'll have a TEXAS OR BUST flag waving from the rear of the U-HAUL and a nice big sign telling Hitlery, Schumer and Company to KISS MY LIBERAL HATIN' REAR! [:)]

Ummmm, anyone gotta job shooting firearms and eatin' BAR-B-Q for me in TX?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't wait to see Cuomo an McCall fighting out, while Pataki sits back and laughs.
Those two are going to rip each other to shreds.
How long before the term "racist" starts flying?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#3]
"Given the enormous firepower of this and similar weapons, it is clear that our military and our allies' military must have them," said McCall.

"But it provides further evidence that such weapons should not be readily available to citizens in America or anywhere else in the world."

DonR...where is the application to the local PD in your neighborhood?
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I hear you HKgnnr.

I have some friends at work who are from Texas (don't know why they ended up here).  They tell me I must be a Texan at heart.  My values and the way I carry myself are more inline with Texas than with New F***ing York.  I agree with them.  If I get the capital together, I'm there.

BTW, I use to own an HK91.  I don't know if I'll ever get another one the way things are.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope the good guys like Waverunner move before the rags nuke the place!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

George Pataki (R) - I was so happy when he got elected - then he screwed us every so quietly with the feel good legislation which supposidly 'mirrored' the federal ban. But even to this day, even the lawyers are confused on how to interpret it.

I dunno bout you, but my 5 year plan is to move to the free state of TEXAS, where I'll live happily in DONR's backyard. [:D] I can see nothing for the future of gun rights here in NY except for further restrictions regardless of who gets in!

When we move, I'll have a TEXAS OR BUST flag waving from the rear of the U-HAUL and a nice big sign telling Hitlery, Schumer and Company to KISS MY LIBERAL HATIN' REAR! [:)]

Ummmm, anyone gotta job shooting firearms and eatin' BAR-B-Q for me in TX?
View Quote

Oh how right you are. My plan is to move to VT (Texas is too far). I was up there for eight years, and I like their gun laws (ie: there are none).  Get the hell out of NY as soon as you can.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
YAll comeon we need more evil gun lovin folks here to keep this a free state.

HKgnr: no job,but lots of BBQ
waverunner: it would be nice to have a GOOD LEO around here for a change.
blister:you got a good start,your friends are right.

ALL TOGETHER NOW"GOD BLESS TEXAS"

TEXAS-HOME OF THE FREE LAND OF THE REDNECKS!!HEHE

1hole
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

snip
View Quote

Andrew Cuomo was THE person who used HUD resources to attack the gun industry with the  infamous Smith and Wesson deal! He proved beyond doubt he would abuse power to attack the constitution and your rights.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip
View Quote

Andrew Cuomo was THE person who used HUD resources to attack the gun industry with the  infamous Smith and Wesson deal! He proved beyond doubt he would abuse power to attack the constitution and your rights.
View Quote

The Hudsucker Cuomo is a clever SOB. I think he is well aware that his dear ol' dad lost to Pataki largely because of his anti-gun stance (I guess Mario had the last laugh afterall-thanks, Elmer!) Hudsucker Cuomo went on a much photographed pheasant hunt with some local politocoes a couple years back-and was shown in the local paper toting a Remington 1100. He will appeal to the masses of this sorry state, I have no doubt. I also have no doubt he is an elitist-and no friend to the Constitution.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
HK I'll be right behind you.  It's too bad also because outside of the cities NY has just about everything a sportsman/hunter/outdoorsman could want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top