Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2002 9:23:40 PM EDT
What the h*ll kind of Neo-Fascist forum is this??  DaMan, you should be ashamed for repeating this quote - unless that is, you were attempting to warn us of this evil one.  

Or are you secretly an admirer of this guy?? Huh? ADMIT IT!!!  Now, I've exposed you for what you REALLY are!!!!

Look at this reactionary, isolationist, invective!!  This could only be written by some anti-democratic-republic hermit, probably some Theodore Kaczynski wannabe.

We should gather with pitchforks and torches to track down the author of this insidious anti-global tract, wherever his compound may be.

We will need large numbers, for it is rumored that he may be in the company of others with ASSAULT WEAPONS!!!!

No doubt he has met many of the criteria our ex-Attorney General set for the identification of cult members and militia groups.

It's probably going to be tough tracking this guy down.

I urge all of you to check your pockets for any pictures you may have of him and send them to me to aid in the quest to round up his writings and burn them before they are seen by young impressionable minds in our Village.

Especially we should be concerned for those vulnerable little ones not in the protective cocoons of our public schools, where the ever-watchful educators serve to protect youthful thought processes from the pollution of ideas that run contrary to the inevitiable evolution of society to a one-world utopia.[rolleyes]

=====================
"So likewise, a passionate attachment of one nation for another produces a variety of evils. Sympathy for the favorite nation, facilitating the illusion of an imaginary common interest in cases where no real common interest exists, and infusing into one the enmities of the other, betrays the former into a participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter without adequate inducement or justification. It leads also to concessions to the favorite nation of privileges denied to others which is apt doubly to injure the nation making the concessions; by unnecessarily parting with what ought to have been retained, and by exciting jealousy, ill-will, and a disposition to retaliate, in the parties from whom equal privileges are withheld. And it gives to ambitious, corrupted, or deluded citizens (who devote themselves to the favorite nation), facility to betray or sacrifice the interests of their own country, without odium, sometimes even with popularity; gilding, with the appearances of a virtuous sense of obligation, a commendable deference for public opinion, or a laudable zeal for public good, the base or foolish compliances of ambition, corruption, or infatuation.

As avenues to foreign influence in innumerable ways, such attachments are particularly alarming to the truly enlightened and independent patriot. How many opportunities do they afford to tamper with domestic factions, to practice the arts of seduction, to mislead public opinion, to influence or awe the public councils 7 Such an attachment of a small or weak towards a great and powerful nation dooms the former to be the satellite of the latter."

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence (I conjure you to believe me, fellow-citizens) the jealousy of a free people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government. But that jealousy to be useful must be impartial; else it becomes the instrument of the very influence to be avoided, instead of a defense against it. Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other.

Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people, to surrender their interests."
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
DaMan - can you reason with this guy?

Tread carefully, though, he looks like future moderator material.

I have read the material he says you quoted, and it sounds like it may have been written by some respected present-day historian.  Probably on a tenure track, too, or at least for now.

Man, it's great to be back here, and on my feet again.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well here we have a 3 of 3 poster. Interesting.

I think it’s just me, but I’d like to know - do you have problems reading these closely spaced, no paragraph posts?

I guess I’m just getting old. And possibly more experienced.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well here we have a 3 of 3 poster. Interesting.
View Quote

Yeah, 2001 was a bitch.  no more lurking, though.

I think it’s just me, but I’d like to know - do you have problems reading these closely spaced, no paragraph posts?
View Quote

You bet - my eyes aren't that great and I keep losing my place.  Being up late don't help, either.

I guess I’m just getting old. And possibly more experienced.

Mike
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Any word on the identity of this radical? [soapbox]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top