Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 1:11:58 PM EDT
Category: My $.02 worth, just a suggestion or two. Not a major crisis...

Trim the graphics on the pages a bit to speed load time for the dial-up users and have the webdude change link default target to new-window...

Have the webdude change the default for the messages lists within a topic to new-window instead of current-window and have it bring up just a list of the contained messages [ without ] all the header graphics that are presently on every single page.

You could still have the banner ad at top to pay the light bill but load time would be a LOT quicker without the all of the same graphics on every single page.

I right-click 'open-in-new-window' each forum anyway as I imagine a most others do, so I don't have to back arrow all the time to get back to the forum lists. It shouldn't take the webdude very long to change default action to target:new-window and to trim the grpahics from the just message list windows....

At the office I really enjoy browsing the site. At the office, I go out to the backbone on a bunch of T1's and load time is not an issue.

At home, it is via a dialup modem as most users on the Internet....

just suggestions....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top