Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2001 9:32:42 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I did a review of NV equipment nad need to know how to post pics from a Kodak Picture CD.  Please help!!  Explain in crayola terms please!!!

Thanks.

Jim
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
First, copy your camera pic onto your hard drive & remember where you left it.

Then you've got to get your pics onto a website.  Take a look at [url]www.ehomebook.com[/url] .  It seems to be totally free & ad free.  I don't know how they make any money, but that's their biz.  Read their short tutorial, it works & it's simple.

Once your pic's on the web, put your mouse on it & right click.  Hit the "copy location" bar or hit the "properties" bar and then highlight & copy the url of the pic.  It should end in .jpg or .gif (or a couple others), but not .htm or .html.

Then look at the "board code" under the posting text box.  That will tell you how to put the pic in your post.  Basically, it should look something like this [img  ]www.file.server.jpg[/img  ]  but without the spaces inside the [].

Ta Da!  

You can always hit the "reply with quotes" icon for someone's post with a pic to see how they did it.

Edit:  You could also go directly from the CD drive to the web.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Why can't you just drag and drop from your desk top to the reply window?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why can't you just drag and drop from your desk top to the reply window?
View Quote

Because it needs to be on a server, not your home computer.  Besides, that would be too easy.

Hit the "" Icon above this & see how it works.

[img]http://www.ehomebook.com/users/nglitz/images/fred%20tongue.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Norm, tried your directions. I got to the point were I highlighted the url and right clicked to get to copy and then nothing happened. What's up with that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top