Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 4:16:19 AM EDT
I have ordered from SWFA in the past and consider them to be a good vendor.  Good prices and great service.

For about a week now I have been getting a Microsoft pop-up warning telling me that there is a trojan loading whenever I go to the SWFA site.

Is there a problem that can be corrected or have I screwed something up on my end?

Thanks,
OFG
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Microsoft is biggest trojan installer themselves.
They installed some warning shield (icon) in my system tray that I cannot get rid of.

I quit updating Windows because Microsoft wants to install goofy program or utility that will tell me and them whether my operating system is a genuine registered copy.
I know what my system is. Don't need any of their help.

I went to SWFA site few times and did not see any Trojan warnings.
I use Trojan Hunter software and Trojan Guard is constantly enabled.
Also, Webroot Spy Sweeper warns me of unsafe sites, when I try to log-in.

www.misec.net/products/
They have a free 30 day trial offer.

www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-products-spysweeper.html

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Richard.

Now that you mention it I didn't have this problem until after I let MicroSoft install one of their "updates".  Yes, Big Brother is alive and messing with my 'puter.

The other 'puter running XP doesn't have this problem.

OFG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top