Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2006 4:57:19 PM EDT
OK, so I'm Dense....or so my wife tells me.  I know that you can look up user info in the Communities link for online users.  How do you lookup user information for users who are not online?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same question, I can't believe that it's been a week with no answer!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
if you know their member id, you could do it

but, if you don't, i don't know
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a search for one of their posts, then click the "user info" button in the bar immediately above the post.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
that works if they have posted, but what if they never have?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
that works if they have posted, but what if they never have?

Good question, why would you search for someone who has never posted though?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good question, why would you search for someone who has never posted though?

Well, as you can see above, not everyone read the original post before posting an answer so I tried to keep it simple.

My friend HAS posted, but those posts have now been moved to the archive.  If you look at the archive, there is no "User Info" button.  So, I can't look it up that way.  In looking at the archive post, I can see when he joined "Member Since".  By doing a look up on the id# I can zero in on the first id# that joined that month.  However, this damn site is too popular.  I did a check and 2000 people signed up in June 06!!!  So, I'm going to write an app to go through all those a bit quicker than I could.  In the thread I linked too, one of the staff told me that it can't be done by a normal user.  (Unless you hack it like I plan to do.)
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#7]
You may want to revise that last part of your post, for obvious reasons.

Certain parties may not look too kindly upon that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You may want to revise that last part of your post, for obvious reasons.

Certain parties may not look too kindly upon that sort of thing.

I won't be doing anything that will hurt the servers.  

I die a little bit inside everytime arfcom is down!!

I will just be automating a process already accessible to users.  So, I'm not really "hacking", just using some automation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top