Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 3:37:07 AM EDT
Ever since the last upgrade a few month ago, when I hit "subscribe" it doesn't turn into an "unsubscribe button.  I get email notices and all, but it doesn't appear that I have any way to unsubscribe to a thread.

Note that the subscribe/unsubscribe buttons work properly for me in GD, but no other forum.

Does anyone know what the problem is?  Sometimes I subscribe to a thread that goes to heck in a handbasket and want out.  

Thanks.

Corey

EDITED to add that the button worked on this thread.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:47:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ever since the last upgrade a few month ago, when I hit "subscribe" it doesn't turn into an "unsubscribe button.  I get email notices and all, but it doesn't appear that I have any way to unsubscribe to a thread.

Note that the subscribe/unsubscribe buttons work properly for me in GD, but no other forum.

Does anyone know what the problem is?  Sometimes I subscribe to a thread that goes to heck in a handbasket and want out.  

Thanks.

Corey

EDITED to add that the button worked on this thread.

I've had this problem for months and GB has ever answered any of my emails about it. There is nothing like a thread you are not interested in any more continuing to send you email after email after email as it goes on and on and on. I would think that there would be more concern about the resources of the board and the email server, but it appears not.

I also wish it would only send you one new email until you visit the board again like FAL Files does.

Bob

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bump

I'm not certain that this question will ever get answered.

That being said, I'm sick of receiving notices to this thread (seeing that there's no solution in sight).  I'd unsubscribe, but that feature doesn't work.

Ky_Bob, you got any suggestions?

Corey
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm not sure if it'll work but try clearing your cookies then follow the link from the email notification back to the subscribed thread.  If it still says "unsubscribe" then click on that.  My guess is that it will work.

Also, you may be subscribed to more than one thread.  Be sure to check each link and unsubscribe each time.

Let us know how you fared.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not sure if it'll work but try clearing your cookies then follow the link from the email notification back to the subscribed thread.  If it still says "unsubscribe" then click on that.  My guess is that it will work.

Also, you may be subscribed to more than one thread.  Be sure to check each link and unsubscribe each time.

Let us know how you fared.

I tried the cookies trick and it did not work.  It is easy to tell it is coming from other messages because the subject line of the email is the subject line of the message. Not much room for error there. I do however have an unsubscribe at the bottom of this thread so I am going to take advantage of it.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If it bugs you that much and you can't figure out the root cause, just hit "block sender."

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If it bugs you that much and you can't figure out the root cause, just hit "block sender."

Why would I block ALL email notifications from AR15.com? I usually am subscribed to over 15 different threads. Itis how I keep track of threads of interest. Only a few of them I am no longer interested in are "unsubscribe-able".  I appreciate your suggestions but I dont think you are understanding the feature or how people use it.

Bob

<still successfully unsubscribed from this thread but he dragged me back here through an IM>

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#9]
This thread has an "unsubscribe" button on it for me, but most of the ones I'm subscribed to don't.  I usually subscribe to all of the threads I post on so I'll be sure to see any replies to my comments, even if I don't have time to surf the boards.  Same for interesting topics.  Most of the time the thread dies out after a couple days and the e-mails stop, but sometimes it drifts and goes on forever.  Or it gets to be a really hot topic and fills up the inbox.

Before the latest revision, the links in the e-mails had a '#postnum" at the end of the link to jump down to the new post.  It would be nice to bring that back too.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Before the latest revision, the links in the e-mails had a '#postnum" at the end of the link to jump down to the new post.  It would be nice to bring that back too.  

+1 Again!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, this thread now has an "unsubscribe" button for me.

I think I should get out while the gettin' is good.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top