Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2001 3:35:41 PM EDT
I have been a member of the AR15.com forum prior to the current web page design. Prior to the current design when I posted a new topic I would be informed via email that there was a reply to my post. Recently the new system has not been informing me of any reply's and I have since lost track of my postings. My question is: Is the some sort of setting which I can set to allow this or is this option no longer available. Thank you for your assistance.

Mac
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It's easy to find your posts without e-mail notification.

Select "Search"

Type in your user name in the white dialog box.

Wait all of a few microseconds with the speedy new AR15.com software.

Scroll through each topic as desired.  Note that the file folder changes 'status' when new messages have been posted.

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I noticed this as well. Clicking on the email notification icon next to the topic title to enable it doesn't work. Clicking again says the same thing, as if I never clicked it in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I just received a email from Edward the web page designer and he said this function has been updated and should now be functional. Thanks for your help Edward.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, I was premature when I posted my last reply. I still cannot figure out how to receive email notifications on replies. I need help!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:Next to the subject on each post there will be an email icon to toggle your status with that specific topic... you need to be logged in to see them and your email address in your profile must be correct.

Once you click it and you receive the ACTIVE status, you should receive emails whenever a topic has new traffic/posts.

I will test it just to make sure its still working or if SMTP services have died.

-- GB

[i]Hmmm looks like I may have switched email responses off when I was tweaking them last night... I will retest them and reactivate them as soon as I get home.[/i]
View Quote

Any news?
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey! It finally works!! I just got a notification, on one I marked about 2 weeks ago, though!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey what do you know it is finally up and running! After almost 3 weeks since I initially posted my technical problem it is finally fixed. (No sarcasm intended). Thanks should go out to whoever it was that fixed the problem.

Mac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top