Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2001 11:29:07 AM EDT
I'd like to change my logon name --is this a big deal?  (I don't want to make any extra work for anyone)
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 2:38:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You are talking about your screen name, right?

If you just try to re-register with a different name, you will get a message back saying there's already a user with your e-mail address.

What I did was to change my e-mail address to a fake one on my profile.

Then I re-registered using the correct e-mail address.  

Then I sent a note to the moderators or webmaster (I forget) telling them what I did and asking them to delete the original screen name (by the way, the new user name I chose was also different).

The alternatives would be to ask a moderator or the webmaster to make the desired screen name change for you, or get a new e-mail account and register from that, though I can't encourage multiple logins at ar15.com  -  there's been a guy or two who have gone way too far with this.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top