Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2002 4:18:08 PM EDT
GB,
I thought that since I had paid dues I would be allowed to upload a bio pic/avatar and that I would have a 10MB space to upload pics to the gallery. Is there something I need to do extra to be allowed to do this? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Once you're logged into ARFCOM you'll see a 'photos' radio button along the top of the screen directly below the vendor logo. Click on it. This should take you to the photo server where you can upload an avatar and other such pics....
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I did that. Perhaps I am missing something. I am already logged in, but it asks if I want to log in, so I do. Then, and I am assuming here because there are no instructions, I attempt to create a gallery to start uploading pictures. I tried twice to create a gallery, and then nothing. I tried hitting the my galleries button, but it says I am either not logged in or I have none, yet a gallery search shows both of the one's I made, and both have the same name. What gives?
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Lets start with uploading the avatar.
First. log into the photo gallery. Once logged in you should see a 'new avatar' radio button (the one with the picture of two people above it). Click on it. It should bring you to the upload avatar screen. On the upload avatar screen there is a 'browse' radio button. Clicking on it and browse to the file location of your avatar on your computer. Once you found your avatar pic file, click on it, then click on 'upload image and finish' radio button and you're done.

Now, as far as galleries go I too had a tough time figuring it out......If, as you say, you created two galleries they should show up when you click on the "My Galleries" button. Once there you should see blue hypertext lettering that says "edit this galleries images." Clicking on that should bring you to an upload screen where you can upload images. If you are unable to access the galleries you created I would delete them and start over.

If your galleries do not show up under the "My Galleries" screen then start from scratch. Click on the "New Gallery" button and create a new gallery (be sure to give it a unique name and decide whether to make it public or private). Once you created your new gallery you should be able to click on the "My Galleries" button and see your new gallery listed. If that's the case just follow the instructions in the previous paragraph on how to upload pics.

Good luck, the photo galleries are a little hinky but you should be able to get it after a few tries. I believe the password 'save' feature that everybody is complaining about may be at play here.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top