Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 5:57:10 AM EDT
Instead of just being removed entirely:

www.ar15.com/forums/myActive.html

I know that for me, personally, even after seeing that PSA about MAT going away for over a month, still come across arf links on other computers and in other browsers, and have thought for a moment...... "Is the site down?"

For folks who come less frequently, and especially if MAT is the arf link in their Favorites/Bookmarks, they may think the same thing.

Also, a similar concept as Favorites/Bookmarks in Opera is the "Speed Dial."
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:09:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I didnt like the  switch from MAT to subscriptions, but what can you do.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#2]
No, I meant just to keep a "placeholder" page there, that redirects to a regular part of the website, such as GD (have you ever followed an expired link, for example to a thread that has moved to the archive server?).

It could have some sort of helpful message on it, but that would by no means be mandatory.

Just something different than the way it is now.

If someone goes to it now (either via their Favorites/Bookmarks or some other way), they simply get a 404 error.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top