Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2001 4:54:39 PM EDT
When the old forum died on me a week ago, I had no idea where to look for the new forum.  Nor did any of the dozen or so customers / buyers I had contacted (I'd saved their email addresses).  We were all lost and wondering what happened.  Having several items for sale, I couldn't even find out if I had any responses posted on the old boards.

I found this forum again purely by accident, but it's pretty evident that a huge number of old forum visitors have not found it, due to the scarce number of postings I see.  

I suggest that all old forum member be contacted via email (those that have it) and told about this new site, it'll definitely get this site going.

Lastly, I'm suprised that this even needs be mentioned, it's pretty poor public relations to just drop all your visitors.  Forum members should have been notified that this change was going to take place - in advance.
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Diddo.....

[uzi]
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
DOUBLE DITTO....if nothing else make an announcement on the old site. I too stumbled across the new site. After 3 or 4 days w/o AR forums I now know how the wife feels when the VCR doesn't record her favorite soap ![>Q]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#3]
TRIPLE DITTO!
Remeber who your friends are, and it wasn't the AR15.com people!  THey left us all high & dry with no notice...not even a message on the old URL.
Disgusting treatment.  Yeah, sure, I'll visit YOUR sponsors real soon!
Also, THIS SITE STINKS! Visually it stinks, the layout stinks, so there isn't much let.  
I don't spend my time where I don't like to be and I don't like to be here.  I'll spend my time over at AK47 until you guys stop pissing all over your [formerly] loyal members.
There is no excuse for this horrible looking site.  It is a step bacwards in time about 4 years worth of technology & presentation.
Do I seem angry?  You bet.
I urge all to boycott this junkyard until the owners come around and treat us with a minimal amount of respect.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
[>Q]

[>(]

[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey, lets not forget one fucking thing...

This site is non-profit and used to help you and I.

So next time, think about the hard work involved to pull a site like this together.  We are lucky to have this as it is, let alone bitch about what should have happened.

If you paid attention you would have seen the 4+ posts that told you about this site about a month ago.

Also, Do you know what really happened to the old AR15.com??? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. [pissed]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Also, Do you know what really happened to the old AR15.com??? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter. [pissed]
View Quote

I'll give ya a thought...

It'd take about five minutes to revise the 'Index' (main page) file for the REAL ar15.com site to show a NOTICE w/ a link to this site... it (the main page) still works...

FWIW... and from my experience with similar simple suggestions over the past year... apparently not much to the PTBs...

db

Link Posted: 1/26/2001 6:04:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya know...Gunfighter does have a valid point. I have no clue what goes into putting togehter a web site...but I'm sure its neither cheap or easy. After the old site went TU I'm just glad to have ANYTHING...its the old "better to view a glass as half full instead of half empty" theory. AR15.com cost me not a penny, I can ask questions here and learn, and thats what matters.
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#8]
its the old "better to view a glass as half full instead of half empty"
View Quote

And it'll stay half empty, or full, take your pick it'll still be less than whole...

Why... because folks can't FIND US... and a SIMPLE five minute deal would help that... HB wasn't bitch'n about the site so much as the lack of any effective NOTICE of how to get here in the interim... gawd I hope it's just an interim... ;)

OCTJMO, ICBW...

db
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#9]
DB, the old server is not located in a basement of his house, he needs to take off work and visit the location...I think he said about an hour away.  Also, you can't add text to a screen that isn't loading.  The server is down and my understanding is they don't know why.

I'll leave it at that.  I guess Im happy to have an site than bitch about what should be.

Maybe when there is no site and your jerking off to a blank screen you'll understand.

Hell, why don't you go fix the server if it's that easy?

you should be thank full.[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2001 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#11]

FWIW... you won't find ANY nasty comments in any of my posts about the site like 'it sux' or 'I hate this site', blah blah blah...

Yeah I point things out I don't think are like they could be... and I often suggest things that might be considered...

As for the difficulty in making said changes, most web masters have remote access to ULoad revised HTM (or other) files to the servers in order to effect revisions most any time... now that may well not be the case here... BUT several things I've mentioned have been repeated *several times* for over *6 months* now (regards the old site's problems in particular), with no apparent interest... mayhaps if the numerous others who suffer from some of the same problems chimed, in some attetnion might be paid to the problems...

And yeah I know it's all free and volunteer and what not, but I assume the idea is the best site for the most number of desireable participants as possible...

Jes my suggestions...

db

PS: And yeah I know I'm sarcastic... live with it...  ;)

Link Posted: 1/28/2001 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#12]
me too.  I wish it was posted on the old site.  I like the new site I like the old site.  

"I laughed I cried it had become apart or me."  why not put a link to the new forum on the old site?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top