Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 9:35:02 AM EDT
Would you object to a AR-15.com Members group map? It's a free and easy to create. You can make it private for AR-15 Members only or open to the public. The private map can be moderated and members would have to be approved before they could enter. This map is powered by Google and has many features that members can enjoy. The Administrator has control of the map and can add or delete at will. Also the Admin can set up the way the map looks and funtions. So it is best someone on top of the food chain starts it or you lose the Administration control. Also the Administrator can introduce the map to the AR-15 Members in a Sticky to encorage it's Members to join the AR-15 Members group map. Each Member that joins has the opption to start their own personal map for their Family and friends. As they add themselfs to the map they post their zip code and the map will place a PIN Marker in the genaral area on the map. Each member has the choice to edit there entry and pin point their exact location if they want. Also the Administrator can place extra markers for other needs like ( Shooting Areas, Gun Shops, Ect. )  Some of the features are ... You can post a photo and message with your marker, post photos in the scrolling Slideshow, leave a message for the group, also there's a forum and the map to find out where your AR-15 Member Friends are located . Did I mention it's fun? Here's a sample of a Frappr map you can check out... www.frappr.com/archerytalkThanks and please let me know what you deceide and if I can help? Thanks again, Larry
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#1]
There is one already.

I will look later and see if I cant find it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps someone can revisit the map and post the URL in a Sticky? That way newbies like myself can get onboard plus, The frappr team is constantly upgrading the features of the map and it would be a useful tool for all the current AR-15 Members. Also if someone other than a Moderator or Administrator of AR-15 status started it, Well then it's not as good as it could be for the Home of the Black Rifle. There's something to say about having someone from management at the controls. So if that's the case, Please start a new and improved Map. Insert the AR-15 Home of the Black Rifle logo and customize the color coded marker pins for Members ,Sponsors, Dealers, Managers, Ect. It's totaly up to you. Make it something that all AR-15 Members can have bragging rights to be a part of ,and watch it grow like wild fire. Good luck, Larry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top