Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 2:04:44 PM EDT
1) This is *not* the same suggestion as krob725's "Search Function" thread in this forum.  I would like the ability to search below the board level (i.e. at the forum level).

For example, now if I were about to graduate from the po-po academy and was wanting to search for info about GLOCK pistols, the closest I could get would be Board="General" + Keyword(subject)="glock".  Look out.  Better to be able to search: Board="General | Brothers of the Shield" + Keyword(subject)="glock".

Or, since GD and SF are both on the General board, and I was wanting serious info re "Bretton Woods," it'd be nice to search: Board="General | History" + Keyword(subject)="bretton woods".

2) While I'm at it...... for threads that get locked/trashed, I think the thread's author/originator should still be able to see and/or otherwise "get to it" for an explanation as to why.  The threads which *just* get locked have a system msg and everyone gets an explanation: "Locked: Duplicate topic; see thread <link>".

I just think it'd cut down on a lot of the "Why did so-and-so trash my thread?" posts.  Those seemed to be more prevalent last year; I dunno if they've slowed down any recently, because I've limited myself to 4-5 forums.

3) Similar to vedubin01's post in this same forum about a "How To" forum, I was thinking about an "Ask Me Questions About My Profession" forum.  For example, when people query the ArfBorg, there are usu 10-15 ppl who respond from the relevant profession and can easily answer the question.

In fact, I got this idea after an IM a month or two ago to an awesome Staff Member, when I posed a specific question about his "archaic" profession and he graciously answered my question (while providing much detail/background).  To the It was most appreciated, BTW.  Though I knew they were there, I did not understand the inherent safety risks and will be contacting a professional.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top