Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 11:17:45 PM EDT
So, after taking nearly a year "off" from being a team member, tonight, I decide to renew. I plug in my Visa ATM info, and it comes back "CARD DECLINED", So, I pop over to my account info at my bank, and there's:
1. Plenty of money (lots)
2. A $24.00 authorization that coincides with the time of the transaction.

My card did it's job, my bank did it's job, the billing system BLOWS...

That'll teach ME to renew. Un-friggen-real.... I hope someone looks into this, I DONT give "free money" away no matter how small the amount.

**UPDATE** Two transactions for $24.00 appear on my internet banking record from Arfcom. I've sent Goatboy an IM several days ago but never got a response. I notice that my team membership shows an expiration date of 2008 instead of 2007, this explains much.  I don't mind supporting the site again, but damn, what a hassle.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Please send me your card #, PIN #, and the account balance and I will have it taken care of for you within 24hrs. Sorry for the mix up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Please send me your card #, PIN #, and the account balance and I will have it taken care of for you within 24hrs. Sorry for the mix up.

uh-huh... uh-huh... uh-huh...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Nevermind, it was a zipcode issue and all is working now.

*UPDATE* See below.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
It can't be fixed, you never sent me the info I requested. You better try again.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:49:49 AM EDT
[#5]
GB, how about looking into this for me? I sent you an IM several days ago but never heard anything back.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Still unresolved.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#7]
And STILL unresolved....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Nah, more so, I want it looked into. Since it's taken so long for anyone to get back to me on it, it's left me a little frustrated, I even sent an IM to The Goat when it initially happened, but never once got a reply. Kind of disconcerting and left me feeling blown off. You're the first person from staff that has got back to me about it. Do you see where I am coming from? In continuing to support the site, if there is a problem like this, it shouldn't be nearly a month before someone addresses it. If the billing server is DOUBLE BILLING along with other glitches, do you WANT to address that or ignore it?

Your reply seems a little lacking on the "concern" side, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that's what I'm getting from it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't want to reveal to much, but Goatboy has been having some stuff going on in real life, that has been keeping him busy as of late. It nothing personal, he just has been busy off line.

I'm sorry that it did take so long, and hopefully things will go smoother in the future.

I don't know why you were double billed, but I don't think it is happening to everyone. There must of been come glitch when you paid.

It's not that I'm lacking concern on the matter. I just need to know what you would like done. If you want a refund, then please say so, and I'll see if I can get you squared away. I don't have the ability to fix this for you, but I will do my best to get the person who can.

If you are just frustrated (which is understandable) and don't mind having a two year membership, then we can just let it stand.

Ah, ok, no worries. If Goatboy is got stuff on the homefront going on, then, I totally understand the delay for he has bigger fish to fry as it were, no worries.  I can understand a glitch happening and am glad it's not happening to others. It may be prudent for someone to look into why the server had that kind of hiccup though.

Thanks for setting me straight, your subsequent reply demonstrates concern, I'm sorry for my assumption otherwise. One of my asshat moments.

No, I don't mind having a two year membership, letting it stand works for me, I won't have to think about renewal for two years, so, there's a silver lining to this cloud.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top