Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2001 7:14:10 PM EDT
Have the ability to remove post from fags in your thread, not all threads, just the one you made, it gets annoying when people start dissing your mom when you ask whats a good way to reload a 223.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh quit your whining.

Free speach is still a right in the USA.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh quit your whining.

Free speach is still a right in the USA.
View Quote

It might be but this is a board, and I don't see the need for people to be allowed to act like idiots, there is moderators anyway that stop racist comments and things that displease them. all I am saying is those who start a thread should have permission to control it.

Oh yeah its speech, not speach.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Guzzler said:

Free speach is still a right in the USA
View Quote

This is not the USA.  This is a PRIVATELY owned board within the USA(?).  So whoever owns it makes the rules.  Idiots always bring up the free speach (Or in most cases “speech”) argument.  Most like Guzzler do not use it properly.  

As for moderating your own threads I think it is beyond what this board can do and I do not see much of a problem with what you are talking about anyway.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just email a mod to hop in and clean it out or an admin if someone violates a rule.

If we let everyone moderate their own topics there would be no control over HOW they chose which posts to erase or modify. Imagine a great discussion, writing a full page response, then having it nuked because the author didn't agree... too much power in the individual's hands.

-- GB
View Quote

A person can already remove the entire thread if they wish to and the person's opinion would be lost anyway. I'm just saying people should have some control over what they suggest in the first place or what's the use?
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the use is that I as a third party can see opinion that run counter to the thread creator’s point of view and make my own judgment.   I frequently use the search feature to find specific topics.  I believe what you are suggesting is unnecessary and may actually cause more problems than what it is worth.  Frankly if I knew a lot about something I would always start a new thread to respond to someone for fear of being edited.  

Do you have a thread of yours that I can look at as an example or do you just want to be cock-of-the-roost for GP?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Dissin your MoM that aint right, Lets open a can of woop ass on that punk
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 3:44:33 AM EDT
[#8]
It is hard to be 14 and getting over that whole Oedipal thing.

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is hard to be 14 and getting over that whole Oedipal thing.

View Quote

Yah and with a face like that I bet its hard getting over the whole not ever gona get laid thing.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:00:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top