Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 1:35:34 PM EDT
I suppose I'm going to come off as something of a crank, but having just read the Goatboy's editorial on the home page, I feel compelled to register my objection.  Certainly each of us is free to express our political views when we post, and to even start threads devoted to political issues in the appropriate forum.  However, I do not feel that it is appropriate for the site itself to take a political position, particularly on an upcoming election.  I have always thought of this as a site devoted to firearms in general and the AR15 in particular, not politics.  I recognize that there can be a small overlap between these two topics, since gun ownership is regulated by both state and federal law; and it may be appropriate to take a position on something like the AWB, which relates directly to our ability to purchase firearms.  However, I feel Goatboy overstepped in taking it upon himself to use the main page of this site to express his own views on the upcoming election.  Again,  if  he wants to start a thread expressing his support for Bush or his dislike of Kerry, all the more power to him, but I do not think he should use his power as a moderator to post his political  views on the homepage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top