Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 1:34:06 PM EDT
It seems after a while of idling, I will be automatically logged out. I would rather this not happen. Since I automatically log in to avoid having to log in every time, automatically logging out defeats that. Can this be changed? Such as having a checkbox in the profile?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a good idea!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:Part of the upgrade that went in this weekend is the autologin section.

This is what you want, so I suggest reading up on it real quick in the help area and setting it active.

-- GB
View Quote

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I love the autologin, but the problem is that after remaining idle for a while, but with an ar15.com page still up, and then clicking on new reply, I will be returned to the front page, and I will no longer be logged in. I will then have to re login. Understand yet? Maybe this should be posted in tech support. I put that in there.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:The way the site works, sessions will expire no matter what. What I have gone ahead and done is to "tweak" the auto login code to kick in and authenticate you in the midst of serving out your current work.

This means that if you are going to post, but were logged out, it will not autolog and send you back (or try to!) but will in fact handle the login silently and keep going as if you were never logged out.

I'm in the middle of testing the code and will push it up to the server as soon as I am happy with its performance.

-- GB
View Quote

Cool!! Thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top