Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 4:06:04 PM EDT
Sir,
when attempting to research the background of either a prospective seller, or purchaser, it is wholly inadequate that the "search" function can only go back 30 days.

I feel that something as important as this should go back a MINIMUM of 1 year.

I just placed an order for $650 from an individual. Perhaps luckilly for me, he lives in the same county as I. And I sent a USPS Money Order.

It would have given me greater comfort to be able to research back at least 1 year to check for user feedback on the seller.

Regards, Jim
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently got the run around pretty good by a fellow member, really ticked me off bad. If I conducted business like this person, I would be concerned about my physical health. Considering the potential dollar value of transactions initiated through this site I am suprised that AR15.com does not feel some sort of obligation to provide a rating system or registry for individuals who wish to use the equipment/exchange boards.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I recently got the run around pretty good by a fellow member, really ticked me off bad. If I conducted business like this person, I would be concerned about my physical health. Considering the potential dollar value of transactions initiated through this site I am suprised that AR15.com does not feel some sort of obligation to provide a rating system or registry for individuals who wish to use the equipment/exchange boards.
View Quote

Buy from members that have been around awhile.  Don't jump at $300 preban lowers or other "too good to be true" type items and you'll be ok.  AR15.com is not in the business of providing an auction site, so I would agree that they are not obligated to do anything, except maybe collect more money to upgrade the bandwidth.  This site has TONS of trafficl, so everyone doing searches kills the bandwidth and cripples the site.  

A rating system or registry is a good idea.  I did mention that a year ago.  I would even be willing to work on it, by linking it to a person's Ebay rating or such or helping compile stats for prior sales for a database.  Its a great idea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top