Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2003 2:29:37 PM EDT
Is it just me, or is anybody else noticing that the "active topics" link isnt on the page anymore? Why was it removed? It made surfing arfcom easier. If you miss it, post a reply and maybe GB will put it back on...

WAS
Link Posted: 3/15/2003 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I really wish that the "active topics" button was back.  Its removal falls under the catagory of "THAT SUCKS".  Please bring it back if possible.
Link Posted: 3/15/2003 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just thinking...probably not to many people will see this post BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A ACTIVE TOPICS AREA ANYMORE!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2003 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I miss the active topics button so much I spend much less time here trying to sort thru all of the posts.
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I posted this in the tech support area.  Not only did my thread not get a response but i've noticed a lot of people with old threads concerning problems that aren't getting responses either.  all of the newer threads i checked got no response, so apparently the tech support area ain't for tech support.

Don't know what is going on but seems like we could get some sort of word from goatboy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
i wasn't here when it was on, but i came into this section to post that we should have one... i have a 5 second memory and i constantly find myself reading through posts to be suprised to find i had already responded and missed week old replies to my reply... i know email notification for every thread you reply to, not just start can eat up bandwidth but i would think a list of topics you've contributed to wouldn't take up to much?
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, it looks like Active Topics is back.  

I wish My Topics would show all topics you've participated in, not just the ones you started.  That would make it an easy way to find replies to your replies, w/o having to wade through all of the other topics on Active Topics, or turn on e-mail notification to everything you reply to.  (That has to eat up a bunch of resources, probably more than doing the search on demand.)
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#7]
i do not know what type of bulletin board setup we have here, but vBulletin would consider it Subscribed Threads.  After you post in a thread or you have started the thread, you have it in your list of Subscribed Threads.

I really wish this was a part of the boards here.  Even with as few posts as i have here, i still can't find the few that i have made with ease.  If there was a button for this, it would be super easy to see what has been said to me or about something that i have said.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Exactly.  Used to be you could search on author, so I'd log in and search for Mike_L to see if anything new had been posted to threads I'd commented on.  Now that's a paid-member-only service and I end up subscribing to e-mail notices on most of the threads I reply to (like this one).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top