Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2001 4:47:29 PM EDT
...is what I first thought when the new AR15.com forums were started up.  I was suspicious that the new site would eventually replace my old beloved site.  And so I stayed at the old site until it finally went down for the count.

I lurked here to find out if and when the old site would come back, but I was too stubborn to actually post and continue to be a productive AR15.com member.  Finally, when the old site was pronounced dead forever, I reluctantly started posting here, trying to reclaim my old lost post #s (something around 500 as my former identity, HK).  I bitched and moaned about the changes, mostly because like anyone else, I had a hard time adjusting to change and to the loss of the old familiar board and the years I had spent over there.  

Today, 250 some posts later, I am finally a senior member again (and halfway towards reclaiming my old # of posts).  The speed issues have been resolved, and now I am ready to give my new review of AR15.com:

This is the BEST gun forum on the internet!!!  Of course what makes this site so great, is the high caliber (no pun intended) of the members here as far as knowledge and class (well, at least most of the time[;)])

But disregarding the content of the site, I now think this is the best forum around period.  After going to the different forums I frequent, I realize how much better this one is.  Little things, like being able to see who is logged on, who was the last person to post to a thread and what time, etc...  This is the best!

There is always room for improvement, but right now I think we are close to perfect.  I still miss the old board a bit, but you know what?  I'm getting over it.

Thanks to all the folks for all the hard work and devotion in making this board the best on the net!  And thanks to the members, both new and old for keeping this the best board on the net!
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You can see who is logged on???

Is that reserved for senior members only??
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
No, if you click on the bold RED letters "HOT TOPICS FROM THE FORUMS" at the main, home page, then scroll to the bottom, you see a list of all the Folks currentlty reading!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top