Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2010 9:27:56 PM EDT
What about military vehicles? I think there would be enough interest.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:25:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me. I bet this would generate a lot of interest.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Have to see what the powers to be have to say... I have some knowledge in the area of Military Vehicles and would love to help others out...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Bears!

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell they have, or had, a cigar forum.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
That'd be great.  I know we have A LOT of members who own CUCV's, M35's, Jeep's and a myriad of assorted other military vehicles.  Hell, if I had the money, I'd own some.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am game, and since I fix them for the Army and sell them for my civilain job anyway, and am already a mod, I can handle that side too.

I too would volunteer to be a mod... Looks like we have this covered... Now just need to know how to talk to to get this rolliong... That is if they lile the idea
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh.

Between G503 and Steel Soldiers, what's the point?

Av.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Meh.

Between G503 and Steel Soldiers, what's the point?

Av.

I don't have time to surf two web forums... Plus this place is better with better people!

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
good idea!
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Serious question, what's wrong with http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=134 ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]
<––––- CUCV owner.  I'd be in.

I'm a member on steel soldiers, but I rarely go there.  Too many assholes.  A few in particular.  And they freak out if you talk about using your rifle racks and stuff.  No gun talk, they don't want to get in trouble with the ATF.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Serious question, what's wrong with http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=134 ?

This is not a good fit for Military Vehicles... Don't think a M3 Stuart Tank could be classified as a truck or a car. Same with a DUKW. Heck do the people on the forum know what a DUKW is? It would be like asking questions about a Remington 700 in the AR15 or AK47 tech threads.

Military Vehicles are harder to find than your Chevy Cameros or Ford Pintos... Just can't go to AutoZone and find parts... Can't take them to the dealer for repair. Where could you get tech help... People here in ARFCOM are good people and they seem to help. I have not gotten this from other sites.  Most all military vehicles are all wheel drive, Have 24 volt electrical systems, Don't think you are going to find much tech info in the car and truck forum..

I get most of my breaking news from ARFCOM. My tech info from here. Military vehicles are a natural fit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm a member on steel soldiers, but I rarely go there.  Too many assholes.  A few in particular.  And they freak out if you talk about using your rifle racks and stuff.  No gun talk, they don't want to get in trouble with the ATF.

Yes they are not gun freindly. Weapons and military vehicles are a natural fit... And a Military Vehicle forum would make a good fit here... Naturally
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are not gun freindly. Weapons and military vehicles are a natural fit... And a Military Vehicle forum would make a good fit here... Naturally

Yeah, I have the site owner's phone number and have talked to him a couple times.  It's highly likely he's an Obama voter, but at least liberal leaning.  I asked about why no gun talk and he's literally afraid if people talk about guns, he might get raided and arrested by the ATF for having allowed it.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I woud be in. I have a m38a1 that I am about to start work on.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I have the site owner's phone number and have talked to him a couple times.  It's highly likely he's an Obama voter, but at least liberal leaning.  I asked about why no gun talk and he's literally afraid if people talk about guns, he might get raided and arrested by the ATF for having allowed it.  

The other thing abou that site is if you posted a link like this they would not be happy...
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cool deal! I want to get that or a M38 for my next project

And you would love to show off your progress,. If you had a question you could ask on the Arfcom Military Forum (AMVF)...

Link Posted: 10/30/2010 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are not gun friendly. Weapons and military vehicles are a natural fit... And a Military Vehicle forum would make a good fit here... Naturally

The other thing abou that site is if you posted a link like this they would not be happy...

Thats true.

And while an open and honest discussion about items for sale is legal, we would have to make sure the rules are clear that no collusion takes place- that is nobody say "I am bididng on lot 5406, so don't bid against me". If we get folks starting to say that, the feds will get interested quickly.

In a way the rule they ahve there is actually pushing the line with the feds- because they say it is intended to keep people from driving prices up. A group of people taking actions to keep auction prices lower is bad ju-ju to the feds.

But saying "hey, I looked at the truck, the engine is locked up" is preferctly legit- as long as the engine really is locked up.

I pointed out about a CUCV II that was on GL and got a warning over there. I have pointed out auctions here and that was ok. I said "Check this out" (there was a lot of bayonets and weapons racks) one time. I am all for letting people know about what is coming up.

I think they have that rule so people will not know what is coming up. When we get the ARFCON Military Vehicle Forum (AMVF) we can make sure that bid collusion can not and will not take place. But, I think that it would be fine to let people know of an incoming auction item or lot. Kind of like a sticky saying "Where to get a military vehicle" or something like that.

ETA Spelling... Haven't had my Latte yet (Westeren Washington thing)
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool deal! I want to get that or a M38 for my next project

And you would love to show off your progress,. If you had a question you could ask on the Arfcom Military Forum (AMVF)...

Absolutely. Though I assume the MV world is somewhat like the C&R world and I will get criticized for "sporterizing" a MV.  I am not trying to turn my M38a1 into a CJ5, but I will be doing some things for safety and convience because I will actually be using it as a working vehicle and not just driving it to the VFW and in parades. Also I can't afford to do a frame off/ authentic restoration to it.  It will be painted and externally for the most part look like a M38a1.  I guess it will be more  like making a Match M1 (Glass bedding, adjustable gas block, shaving the front hand guard etc.) instead of putting a 1903 in a sporter stock and drilling and tapping the reciever.

Obligatory pic:
Link Posted: 10/30/2010 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

In a way the rule they ahve there is actually pushing the line with the feds- because they say it is intended to keep people from driving prices up. A group of people taking actions to keep auction prices lower is bad ju-ju to the feds.

That's what I always thought. "Hiding" auctions as policy seems just as much like collusion.
Link Posted: 10/31/2010 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I would like to see something like this.
Link Posted: 11/6/2010 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Perhaps a military vehicle/BOV forum?
Link Posted: 12/1/2010 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#25]
This sure fizzled... I thought for sure there would be more interest
Link Posted: 12/1/2010 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This sure fizzled... I thought for sure there would be more interest

Really, hardly anyone ever comes in here, I bet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#27]
any interests?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#28]
If we had a military vehicle forum you could post stuff like this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top