Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 9:19:53 AM EDT
What I propose will require hard drive space, but I think even 1gig will probably be more than enough.  If you go to www.hondaprelude.com and click on "setups" you'll find a kind of readers rides area, where people post pics of their cars, descriptions and stats.  Doing something like that here as well as "readers ride of the month" like is present on that site would draw a lot of interest.  I've seen the suggestion fly around, but never an official ar15.com response.

I'm betting that allowing people to post their setups and their favorite bullets or loads will draw more newcomers as well as create more of a market for the gun industry when someone sees something and says "I've gotta have that!"

Maybe I'm overly idealistic, but on hondaprelude.com, when someone got something that looked cool or worked, there was usually a rush for it.  When manufacturers know there is a market and a large one at that, you'd be surprised what they'll come up with!

I think that the "setup of the month" could be awarded with "team ar15" status or a sticker or something else that doesn't cost anything.  Its good advertising and could drum up more members as well.  

Finally, wouldn't it just be frikkin cool to see everyone elses setups? [:)]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top