Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2014 10:20:05 PM EDT
I have the original ScubaPro X-Tek modular BCD, I have the Rec, Cave and Travel 'wing' which have all served me well. A few yrs ago my travel wing broke along the sealing ring on the inflator hose, small at first but now it won't hold air. These are LONG out of production but I've been looking for a replacement for sometime; the later S-Tek wings will work too but the new X-Tek will not.

Anyone have one they're willing to part, I'd buy it of course as long as it was working. Shot in the dark but there seems to be enough tech divers here I figured I'd give it a shot.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have the original ScubaPro X-Tek modular BCD, I have the Rec, Cave and Travel 'wing' which have all served me well. A few yrs ago my travel wing broke along the sealing ring on the inflator hose, small at first but now it won't hold air. These are LONG out of production but I've been looking for a replacement for sometime; the later S-Tek wings will work too but the new X-Tek will not.

Anyone have one they're willing to part, I'd buy it of course as long as it was working. Shot in the dark but there seems to be enough tech divers here I figured I'd give it a shot.
View Quote

Have you tried contacting scuba pro to see if they can repair it?
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tried a few times and no they won't touch it but are than glad to suggest I upgrade to their new system. I use my Rec-Tek bags which are overkill for O/W and bulky as hell. Maybe one day I will but I'm hoping to find someone coming out of the hobbie looking to get rid of their gear, even if I have to buy the harness I'm ok with that. The only thing they changed is the "quick strap" tank system but they won't fit, I've tried.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried putting out a feeler on SB or decostop?

I casually mentioned having an easier time hovering with Jetfins vs Hollis F1s on SB, and someone from Canada sent a PM offering to buy my F1s if I decided to move to Jets.

How does the Scubapro travel wing differ from another small wing such as an 18# Oxycheq?

I've heard of people using RTV to make long-lasting temporary BC repairs, especially near elbow connections, but that's probably not an officially sanctioned procedure.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have you tried putting out a feeler on SB or decostop?

I casually mentioned having an easier time hovering with Jetfins vs Hollis F1s on SB, and someone from Canada sent a PM offering to buy my F1s if I decided to move to Jets.

How does the Scubapro travel wing differ from another small wing such as an 18# Oxycheq?

I've heard of people using RTV to make long-lasting temporary BC repairs, especially near elbow connections, but that's probably not an officially sanctioned procedure.
View Quote

Honestly I'm ok with a 'non sanctioned' repair as long as it works; might have to look at that. The travel wings are small, meant for o/w diving with reduced lifting capacity (obviously.) The travel wings and X-Tek harness would pack up small but don't know the specs with the 18#, I suspect their similar.

I have looked on SB but haven't posted about looking, I may try that as some may have upgraded. It's a shame because other than the damn 'cinch straps' (which could be replaced with compressions,) it was a perfect BCD. Thanks for the tips.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, I'd be more inclined to try Aquaseal than RTV.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top