Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/15/2014 6:52:44 PM EDT
Figure we would try and get this thread an all in one build tutorials and ohm coil list.  Please anyone if you have a build you like, or know how many wraps on a certain wire will make ohm-wise please add to the list.  Let's try and get this thread hot for new beginners

I'll start off with what I have used personally as far as coils goes.

Also, make sure your battery is safe for the coil your building.

Thanks to jcatcg for the link

safe battery chart for coil building

wire 28g kanthal

wrapped on 1/16 drill bit

wraps 9

ohms 1.4ohms

wire 28g kanthal

wrapped on 1/16 drill bit

wraps 12

ohms 2ohms

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What a great idea. It would be cool to have pics and lists of different coils. I've seen a couple on you tube but only have built one type. Not sure if theres a name for it, it was the one Keith built in his Kayfun build. I have different tanks too, Aqua, Taifun, and drippers. Seems like its a lot to try or take in on whats best.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Great.. I will tear down some and rebuild with pictures and upload them and add to the op. Might either do the omega or atomic. I got stone 24g wire coming soon so I can do those numbers as well

Also people please add to it and I'll try to get it on the op, any wire type and if you got a tutorial by all means share the wealth
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard of, dual coils, micro coils, nano coils, dragon coils, stovetop coils, chimney coils. That's a lot and I'm sure theres more, intimidating but interesting to try.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done most of them except the stove top..waiting on 24g wire
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Im very much in, but my ohm meter just went down Just got done building dual micro coils 26g, 1/16th drill bit, 7 wraps, its reading at holy fuck.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as it don't read take cover I think you're ok

If my memory serves me correct 1/16" bit with 7/8 wraps is.5ohm with 26g wire so your probably sitting at a comfortable .2 to .3
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as it don't read take cover I think you're ok

If my memory serves me correct 1/16" bit with 7/8 wraps is.5ohm with 26g wire so your probably sitting at a comfortable .2 to .3
View Quote

Sounds about right, my mvp is the only other device I own that reads ohms and it doesn't go that far down. This was my first attempt at using cool guy 26g, the flavor wasn't good at that temp so I ripped it out and am going to build again this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Take pictures and make a small tutorial for this thread that helps others.  My last few builds were using 28g parallel coil...Take about 10 inches, fold in half so it's stacked on top of each other then wrap it four times over a 1/8 drill bit and make sure it doesn't get twisted. You want them parallel  Here's a picture.

It makes 8 coil but you only wrap it four times. It's like a single macro coil wrapped 8 times but with the parallel you get the same amount of surface area but a lot lower ohm. I think this one read at .4

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:32:20 AM EDT
[#9]
This is a coil I just done up to try Sub-ohm building.  This will produce a lot of clouds, ton of favor and a hot vape.  This is done on a trident clone and a nemesis mech mod clone running an efest 18350 fully charged battery.

Things you'll need

1/16" drill bit
2-6" length of 28g kanthal a1 wire
Clippers (fingernail clippers will work)
tweezers

First step is to grab your kanthal wire and cut 2 6" lengths of wire.  You'll want to wrap each wire around the 1/16" drill bit for a total of 8 wraps.  Try to get them as close as possible, you can finish it up and perfect the coils when its on the mod and you heat it up.

Next thing you want to do is attach them to your RDA (trident RDA)  There are 3 post, the middle is the positive post, the 2 on the ends are your negative post.  Put one coil on one side of the RDA, feed 1 lead into the outside negative post and the other lead into the middle post.  You can hand tighten the negative post to help hold the coil.  Do the same thing with the other coil but on the other side.  Put the negative lead in the second negative post and the positive into the middle post that your first coil positive lead is...they will share the same positive post.  Clip the excess leads off and make sure the coils aren't touching the base, edges, or anything else or they will short out.

Next thing you'll want to do is heat those coils up...you'll want them glowing from the inside out.  Heat them up til they both glow, then squeeze them together.  You dont want to squeeze to hard, just enough to squeeze the coils together.  Continue doing this until they glow from the inside out, even across the coil.  If you wrapped them identical they should both glow at the same time.  You can also put the drill bit inside the coil and raise the coils up, or straighten it out if they are at an angle.  Make sure you do not mess with the coils with the drill bit or tweezers while you are heating the coils or you will short and pop a coil.

Once you have the coils just right, its now time to wick them.  I used cotton from a cotton ball on this one, just make sure you get the sterile cotton from CVS or some place like that.  You can boil the cotton for 30 minutes if your paranoid.  This step is really a judgement call, I can't tell you the exact amount you'll need to feed threw the coils.  You want it thick enough to pull threw easily, but not so easy it falls out if you blow on it.  It needs to be snugish.  The cotton will expand when you put juice on it.  You can twist and roll the cotton into little links to help out fishing it threw the coil.  Once it's fed threw, use scissors to cut excess cotton off.  YOu'll want about 1' of cotton threw each coil.

What i did here was tuck the cotton under the coil to basically make it a oval.  I also took some excess cotton that i had when i trimmed off to stuff under each coil to give it a cotton cloud.  This is also help hold more juice.  Once you have your cotton place, saturate it with your juice.

Last step is air hole position.  You want the biggest air hole (i drilled my biggest air holes to 1/8") in front of each coil.  This is crucial to get your vape and flavor.  Once you have your air holes set, pop your drip tip on a vape on.

Im sure there are some issues with this post, as im extremely tired after working all night.  Ill read over this post and make changes as needed once im actually woke up.  

This build measures out at .5ohms  Each coil is 1ohm.  If you wanted a single coil build, just leave out the second coil and use only 1 air hole in front of the coil.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright I got the Magma rebuilt with 26g, 10 wraps on 1/16 bit, dual coils reading .5 on my MVP2(again my ohm meter is broken) I will get some pics when I get a chance, but wow what flavor! My first couple builds on the Magma were between .4-.5 ohms with 28g and I thought it couldn't get much better but the 26g really made this thing shine. It takes a little bit longer to fire the coils but its totally worth it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Try bumping up the volts to fire it faster...my dual coil that I posted above heats up instantly. When my 24g comes in I'll write up a parallel coil build
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Try bumping up the volts to fire it faster...my dual coil that I posted above heats up instantly. When my 24g comes in I'll write up a parallel coil build
View Quote

Using a mech mod, so my volts are maxed out If it has been fired within 30 seconds or so it fires up immediately, if not Ill press the button for a half second or so before I hit it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Lol yea I guess your stuck on volts unless you ran a kick chip but then what's the point in a mechanical
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]
OK I have no clue how to keep this safe so I need help! I want to do a duel coil on a helios clone on my magneto but keep it in 18350! I can and will use a larger battery as needed but need the wraps. I have a bunch of 30ga and a little 28ga left! Before this I only made coils for my Z atty and rsst. I want it to be hard hitting, am I asking to much out of a 18350?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
OK I have no clue how to keep this safe so I need help! I want to do a duel coil on a helios clone on my magneto but keep it in 18350! I can and will use a larger battery as needed but need the wraps. I have a bunch of 30ga and a little 28ga left! Before this I only made coils for my Z atty and rsst. I want it to be hard hitting, am I asking to much out of a 18350?
View Quote

The important question is "which" 18350?
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AW IMR700mah 3.7v
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#17]
As of right now my dual coil I posted is running on a 18350 3.7 imr and hits hard. I'll post a parallel in the morning which is a single coil but can bury my dual coil

8 wraps of 28g will fetch 1ohm on a 1/16 drill bit and if you did two it would fetch .5ohm

If my 24g wire comes in tomorrow I might do a stove top

Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

AW IMR700mah 3.7v
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AW IMR700mah 3.7v

You would be pushing that battery to it's max with a .7ohm build (6amps).

To be safe I don't think I'd go any lower than .9 with those.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AW IMR700mah 3.7v

Hmm didn't think of that I might start using my 650
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AW IMR700mah 3.7v

Generally 650's are the way to go for safety's sake. But I am guilty of pushing my purple efest 350's with a .5ohm rda.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Thanks for that link. I might add it to the original post
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#23]
My 24g kanthal should be in Monday, gonna try and do a macro, micro, nano, stove top, dual parallel build sometime this week.  Also Wii have a brass monkey rda to show you guys and future vapor folks how to do these rda. Any suggests for other rda tanks?  Got a few in mind I might place a order with

Also I might recoil and quick a natalus tank as well
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My 24g kanthal should be in Monday, gonna try and do a macro, micro, nano, stove top, dual parallel build sometime this week.  Also Wii have a brass monkey rda to show you guys and future vapor folks how to do these rda. Any suggests for other rda tanks?  Got a few in mind I might place a order with

Also I might recoil and quick a natalus tank as well
View Quote

Do you have a Aqua tank? I'm interested in seeing the difference in macro, micro, and nano. And rate them, would help me decide on coils. Thanks for the pics and tips.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:38:43 AM EDT
[#25]
No but I'll order one right now
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:04:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude, I didn't mean to mouse you. I am curious how the aqua would be best built as I own one. It has 4 juice channels.

ETA: Also would chimney builds give better results than regular coils, or is a lot of that depends on tanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#27]
I found the chimney coil a decent build but about the same in terms of vapor flavor and throat hit compared to a micro and nano coil.    The chimney is a bigger bitch to build tho
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:48:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dude, I didn't mean to mouse you. I am curious how the aqua would be best built as I own one. It has 4 juice channels.

ETA: Also would chimney builds give better results than regular coils, or is a lot of that depends on tanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:54:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Would a clone build be fine for you and if so what's a decent clone
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:55:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Kind of weird how moused  morphed into "Enticing to buy" huh....
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:56:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I only have clones, I don't make enough for the real deal.

ETA: If you were asking me, this is the Aqua tank I have.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Cool deal I'll get one ordered. I'm feeling bored and wanting to coil my atomic. Any suggests for what type of coil
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:05:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Don't know if it matters or not, but the Fogger V4 i have is a dual coil 4 channel tank as well.

It did not perform with chimney coils.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:07:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Cool deal I'll get one ordered. I'm feeling bored and wanting to coil my atomic. Any suggests for what type of coil
View Quote

Diamond coil?

Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:10:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since you want to get fancy, how about a Nano Dragon? Oh what is a nano coil? A small coil with cotton around it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#36]
24g wrapped around a 20g needle

And I might try that diamond coil
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:15:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
24g wrapped around a 20g needle

And I might try that diamond coil
View Quote

No clue how it vapes, i have yet to try one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:17:55 AM EDT
[#38]
As soon as my dna30 clone comes in or if I actually win the seven 22 bid I'll be so happy to be able to run 20 watts and more
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#39]
about to start building that diamond coil  Might just post some pictures of it during the build and after, and do a write up later.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 3:52:18 AM EDT
[#40]
god damnit

got the coil built, started heating it to mold it and broke a wire....fuck that shit ill try again later
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Since you want to get fancy, how about a Nano Dragon? Oh what is a nano coil? A small coil with cotton around it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just for you bud the Dragon nano coil.

Heres what you'll need

2-8" lengths of 28g Kanthal
20 gauge needle.

Wrap 14 wraps around the 20g needle , then do it again.

insert each lead as show, then using your 20g needle, bend each coil so the tail end is point down.

the way to wick it is run a piece of cotton threw the neg and pos post on the other side of the coil, fold it up and back between the 2 post to cover the coil, then with the other end, bring it around the outside of the neg post and tuck under the coil, you want the whole coil covered except the end that's on the pos poist.

I know this isnt an indept write up but im exhausted after working last night and im still up

honestly, the parallel coil i think produces better vape and flavor.  This build is a .7-.8 ohm and i was able to fire it with my VTR, but used a nemesis mech mod to give me a better hit.  

Ill do  a parallel coil next, with 24g kanthal
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#42]
I've been wondering if that dragon vapes good. Thanks for the build dude.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Honestly, wait for my parallel build ill post...youll love it a lot better...its single coil but crush's ever dual coil i've done...i've used 28g kanthal for it but going to be doing it for 24g kanthal.  also going in a trident v2 and possibly the brass monkey when it comes in
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Mail came, here's what's for tomorrow build
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Next build is the Super nano 24g build Dual Coil on the Brass monkey.

What you will need is
2-8" lengths of 24g kanthal wire
20g needle (some people use 1/32 drill bit but i do not)

You'll want 10 wraps on each coil, close as possible.  Your wick will just be a cotton cloud under the coil

When you put the coil in, try to angle it downwards, i like putting the tails down, so the wire that is coming out from the bottom of the coil i will put in the pos post.

air holes on each coil.

This bitch is a hot ass vape...make sure you practice safe battery  It reads .3 ohms on my ohm reader.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#46]
This tutorial isn't mine and belongs to fla556guy  thanks for letting me link it as it's a  tutorial

kanger pro tank, pro tank 2, aero tank and evod tank build
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Dont want to let this thread get archived

Here is a teaser for a new build i plan on uploading

Link Posted: 6/27/2014 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#48]
1st sgl paralelle 28 gauge, 4 wraps on a 1/16 bit, better flavor and vapor production that my duel set up
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Very nice bud  

What rda is that, brass monkey?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks! Tis a Helios, it sits on a panzer... Both clones.
Heats up quick don't think I'm going any lower.. Still new and all.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top