Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2021 12:31:50 AM EDT
I have a Tactical Tailor Fight Light .75 liter camelbak style hydration bladder. I rarely use it, but my girl borrowed it for work. She decided she didn't need it...but how do I dry it out so it doesn't get mildew? No matter how I shake, there's some drops inside I can see through strong light. I really like this little thing. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Everclear. It will soak up the water and dries much faster.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:09:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: limaxray] [#2]
Duh, just throw it in the dryer.  That's what it's for, drying.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:38:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By limaxray:
Duh, just throw it in the dryer.  That's what it's for, drying.  
View Quote

Throw a plastic water bladder in the clothes dryer...reallyyyyy...
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Probably wrong forum but...

Hang on clothes line upside down with something to hold it open
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:55:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 98Redline] [#5]
After cleaning, stuff a couple of crumpled up paper towels into the bladder, close the top and use the valve to blow it up.
**Shake Vigorously**
Open bladder to deflate and remove moist paper towels.
Use bent coat hanger to keep bladder expanded, top open, and place out in the sun for an hour or so.

Completely dry

I have used this procedure hundreds of times and not once ever had mold grow inside.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 98Redline:
After cleaning, stuff a couple of crumpled up paper towels into the bladder, close the top and use the valve to blow it up.
**Shake Vigorously**
Open bladder to deflate and remove moist paper towels.
Use bent coat hanger to keep bladder expanded, top open, and place out in the sun for an hour or so.

Completely dry

I have used this procedure hundreds of times and not once ever had mold grow inside.
View Quote

Serious answer, this.  

I also make sure to remove the mouthpiece and hang it from where the tube meets the bladder (so it's upside down), so the tube hangs down, so it'll drain and dry to.

I'll also leave a paper towel at the top, so any water that collects between the opening at the very top of the bladder is absorbed by the paper towel.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HSimpson:
Everclear. It will soak up the water and dries much faster.
View Quote

Ever-clear is way to expensive.

Try some regular vodka.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By brickeyee:

Ever-clear is way to expensive.

Try some regular vodka.
View Quote

It’s cheaper given the abv. And vodka is a waste of time. Too weak to sanitize or dry efficiently. Just pour in an ounce or two of Everclear, slash around and pour into a little glass of orange juice.

It will dry faster than anything else and is about the healthiest thing you could use to clean and dry it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:41:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to mention what a great excuse to drink some seriously strong booze - "Just drying out my water bladder, honey!"
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I just hang my Source 70oz upside down for a few days.  I do use it fairly often but I've never had a weird taste or anything associated with it.  It now strikes me as strange but one of my sons bought me a hydration pack cleaning kit for Christmas.  Hmmm ....
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't know there was such a thing. Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Before drying out, for precaution, disassemble and rinse all with a sterile solution like bleach/water, etc. drip dry in a preferable environment. If you have a compressor, that'll get most of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top