BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/5/2013 1:38:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Im getting the "I'm sorry. You are not authorized" (beta winner #8) just eager to explore the program. Thanks again for the chance to build!
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
AWSOME!!! IM IN!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
looking down the sights with a trijicon 1-4 didn't show anything
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Omning:

Did you have an acog mount and have them snapped onto a rail?  I just checked and it shows up for me.  Keep in mind that magnification isn't supported so you'll see a blueish glass texture instead of seeing through the acog.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aleutianhunter:
looking down the sights with a trijicon 1-4 didn't show anything

Did you have an acog mount and have them snapped onto a rail?  I just checked and it shows up for me.  Keep in mind that magnification isn't supported so you'll see a blueish glass texture instead of seeing through the acog.

Just realized that on my own.

In the color menu, when you slide the color selector bar, it also rotates the weapon.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 8:49:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Shouldnt the PRO already include a mount?
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else having problems with it the site on lower end systems?  I've had problems on two different laptops, dual core, 4GB RAM.  Especially if running multiple tabs or trying to do anything else while using Gunstruction.

As it is right now I wouldn't use it much as I'm not going to close down everything else just to play around with it.  Maybe if I was currently working on a build I would dedicate time to it but it's been a pain in the ass to use for me so far.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:48:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: paadams] [#14]

Can you post or PM me your full computer specs?  Processor, speed, ram, video card, operating system
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By paadams:
Anyone else having problems with it the site on lower end systems?  I've had problems on two different laptops, dual core, 4GB RAM.  Especially if running multiple tabs or trying to do anything else while using Gunstruction.

As it is right now I wouldn't use it much as I'm not going to close down everything else just to play around with it.  Maybe if I was currently working on a build I would dedicate time to it but it's been a pain in the ass to use for me so far.  

Can you post or PM me your full computer specs?  Processor, speed, ram, video card, operating system

This is my work laptop.  Dell Latitude E6420.  i5-2520M, 2.5GHz.  Dual core w/Hyper threading.    4GB RAM.  Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Don't have the full specs on the home laptop but it's an older Core 2 Duo I think.  Has 4GB of RAM, not sure of the video card.

ETA:  Both are Win 7 64bit.

I'll try to test it tonight on my desktop and see if I have similar problems.  i7-3770k, 32GB RAM, SSD etc.  I don't expect to  have problems on that system if it's solely a resource issue.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Not Authorized....How can i get authorized?  Dying to try this out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#16]

We didn't want to force a mount on anyone, since there are many companies who make mounts compatible with it.  If it's an issue it's something we can look at for sure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dogman5:
Shouldnt the PRO already include a mount?

We didn't want to force a mount on anyone, since there are many companies who make mounts compatible with it.  If it's an issue it's something we can look at for sure.

I think it would be nice to have in there. It would give a more accurate price when using the PRO if they decide they don't need a different mount.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 4:38:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I see that you will be adding new users throughout the month.  I love designing AR's and am pretty tech savvy.  I would be honored if you considered me for the early prototype, if not I will sit back and drool until it is open for everyone next month. Thanks for all of the work you have put into it, the screen shots look great!
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 4:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: paadams] [#19]
We found a computer at the office that almost matches these specs so we're going to try it out with the program tomorrow!

View All Quotes
We found a computer at the office that almost matches these specs so we're going to try it out with the program tomorrow!

This is my work laptop.  Dell Latitude E6420.  i5-2520M, 2.5GHz.  Dual core w/Hyper threading.    4GB RAM.  Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Don't have the full specs on the home laptop but it's an older Core 2 Duo I think.  Has 4GB of RAM, not sure of the video card.

Omning, y'all had a chance to test it out yet?

Link Posted: 8/14/2013 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Guess that's a no.
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By gunzman:

Sorry paadams, Omning is out with a new baby. We did spec out an older PC here, and when he gets back he will do further testing. Initial testing seemed to run Ok, It may be the video card that is having the trouble, as the beta is using some slightly higher graphical settings. We plan on rolling out user defined quality modes later on (low, medium, high) so you can configure how you want GUNSTRUCTION to look and run.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunzman:

Guess that's a no.

Sorry paadams, Omning is out with a new baby. We did spec out an older PC here, and when he gets back he will do further testing. Initial testing seemed to run Ok, It may be the video card that is having the trouble, as the beta is using some slightly higher graphical settings. We plan on rolling out user defined quality modes later on (low, medium, high) so you can configure how you want GUNSTRUCTION to look and run.

Cool.  Tell him congrats!
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#23]
How about hooking a brother up with an invite?
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Bug:  Looks like orientation of something like the "AFG2 - Angled Fore Grip - Black" is upside down.

Other items: Trying to use the cowitness by looking down the sights, through an Aimpoint Micro I tried to place on the rifle.  It didn't show the Micro, but I don't know if it's due to the Micro floating above around, and not linking to the top rail of the rifle.  note I selected starting from scratch, and there's was only one upper there which came defaulted with an handguard.  I deleted the handguard and tried to place the Micro.  

I've only played with it for 10 minutes so I'll see what else is wrong..
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#26]
I was trying to make it snap by bring it close to the top rail.. but it didn't.  I'll try again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Ryo:
I was trying to make it snap by bring it close to the top rail.. but it didn't.  I'll try again.
View Quote

You might need to add a mount.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#28]
What more do I need to do besides set up an account to access the Beta and start building guns??
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jb752:
What more do I need to do besides set up an account to access the Beta and start building guns??
View Quote

You can't access the beta.
Link Posted: 8/19/2013 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Also on the paint screen... If you select a color that is touching the stock after sliding the bar it auto colors the stock

And... if you zoom in from the back, you can zoom into the buffer tube and paint the buffer spring(but nothing else)... Nice little easter egg of sorts.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm having problems a couple of problems. The first being deselecting parts... Is there even a way of deselecting parts? Second is when loading up preset parts the browser freezes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#33]
While in paint, I selected a solid color and tried to scroll to the right to look at other colors avalible, and when I did it turned the view of the AR. As if you were to click on nothing to look at the AR from different angles. At the same time, it scrolled to the other colors, as was its main purpose. This occurs with any solid color I choose. So basically, the slidebar to look through other solid colors has an undesirable double function. Just something I noticed, not like it ruins the whole game tho lol.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 10:41:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fish223] [#34]
Getting this when I try to get into the beta site

So either I am not invited or I am having a local issue.

Since I'm supposed to be invited, I assume local,
but I can't seem to load the unity web player, it's not clickable.

So what's my situation?

Link Posted: 8/21/2013 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By fish223:

http://i39.tinypic.com/25s3fqc.png

So what's my situation?

View Quote

Try updating to the latest Java version.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#36]
All vertical grips and launchers are upside down, and I cannot seem to get lights to mount. Also, some panels will only mount on top and bottom of rail (XTM enhanced) .
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

So what's my situation?

Updated to Java 7, version 25, still the same issue, and nothing on the screen is clickable
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 11:13:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I've only been able to dabble a little but so far I am liking it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#41]
It works much better on my desktop than the laptops.  

Still a little load time here and there but tolerable.  I love that it X's out the parts that aren't compatible with something you've already chosen.  Excellent feature.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2013 11:41:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Boy] [#42]
All experiences are in Google Chrome, haven't used another browser yet.

I'm having issues with it "freezing".   Once in the program, it runs OK.  But if I try to move the window around, like maybe half screen, no go.  I can't switch between tabs, can't minimize, can't do anything without it freezing.

I could get it to initially switch tabs from gunstruction back to ARFCOM but then it would freeze.  I could scroll the forum page up and down but that is it, all clickables were dead.  This includes switching back to the gunstruction tab, minimize or close, and all links on the page.  Forum links, sponsor links, ect.

I am running a underspec computer as far as processor, more of the ultrabook style.  

Processor  @ 1.30GHz, 1296 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)

Ram 2GB

Because of this I monitored my processor usage and ram usage while running the program.  Idle the processor would be running at 35%  During transitions or downloads about the highest it would get would be 65%.   Once or twice I saw it top out at 100% but it was a spike that went right back down.  The 100% usage of the CPU still had the program running OK, and I could continue building.

It would be if I tried to change tabs or move anything that it would lock.  And when locked the processor would only be running between 35-65% never touched 100%.

Most Ram used was around 1.3GB

I'll try it later on a my higher spec computer and see what I get.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
What browser/version is that? I've seen that happen once in an older IE build only. You can install the unity player directly and it should work.

Unity Player Install
View Quote

It's IE10, latest updates.

Thanks for the direct link, seems to be working now.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#44]
In animation mode, you can make the fixed MOE Carbine stock slide. It's a fixed stock. You should not be able to do this.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey guys. I signed up for the BETA through IG and was told that I was g2g, but I'm still getting the Unauthorized screen.
Please advise.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 12:31:25 AM EDT
[#46]

What browser/version is that? I've seen that happen once in an older IE build only. You can install the unity player directly and it should work.

Unity Player Install
View All Quotes

So what's my situation?

Updated to Java 7, version 25, still the same issue, and nothing on the screen is clickable

Unity Player Install

I had this same issue in IE10. Had to load up Gunstruction in Chrome first to get the Unity Player downloaded, then it worked fine in IE after that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By lsujim:
In animation mode, you can make the fixed MOE Carbine stock slide. It's a fixed stock. You should not be able to do this.
View Quote

I can picture someone doing a build in Gunstruction, buying the parts, and then complaining to Magpul when their fixed stock doesn't slide!
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Wow.. Just finally tried it on my new system build.. had to kill Firefox process since I was locked up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Will Gunstruction be compatible on IPads?
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#50]

It works much better on my desktop than the laptops.  

Still a little load time here and there but tolerable.  I love that it X's out the parts that aren't compatible with something you've already chosen.  Excellent feature.  

View Quote

My issue with that is you can't deselect a part that is causing the incompatibility.  If you could override it by specifying you'd rather use the X'd out part and go back to find something compatible later, that would be better imo.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top