Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2013 6:16:53 PM EDT
I'm interested in doing a peanut butter chocolate stout.

I've worked out a basic recipie for the stout with cocoa nibs for the chocolate.

But the peanut butter......

A brewery called DuClaw makes a peanut butter jelly stout that is amazing called Sweet Baby Jesus. I'm going for that but more chocolate.

From what I'm reading around the net, peanut butter flavor extract is the way to go.

Anyone have any experience with peanut butter flavoring?
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The wife unit says the dog loves creamy jif.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The wife unit says the dog loves creamy jif.
View Quote

~~~~~~  I Wonder How She Knows??????
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I've read you need peanut butter powder like this and you add it in secondary
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup use peanut butter powder.  I've been looking at Midwest's Chocolate Covered Beavr Nutz kit to brew for some time just haven't pulled the trigger
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent! Any idea how much? Ill be doing a 3 gallon batch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You could pull a small 4 OZ sample and add the peanut butter powder in small measured amounts. Stop when it tastes right.

The one thing I am kinda wondering about was the effect this could possibly have on a kegging system. Would it blend right in to the beer without any ill effects or could it settle to the bottom. Possible creating a sludge like deposit at the bottom and plug up your draft lines.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You could pull a small 4 OZ sample and add the peanut butter powder in small measured amounts. Stop when it tastes right.

The one thing I am kinda wondering about was the effect this could possibly have on a kegging system. Would it blend right in to the beer without any ill effects or could it settle to the bottom. Possible creating a sludge like deposit at the bottom and plug up your draft lines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm looking to bottle this.

I ordered this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0098WV8F2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Some of my homebrew club members have used it to success. And it sounds like for a 3 gallon batch, I would not do bad to dump ALL of it in secondary.  One used a pound for 6 gallons and said it was noticeable by most. So 13oz for 3 gallons should hopefully be noticeable by all but not over powering. Plus one of these jars has chocolate too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Word on the street is to clone this beer add 2 boxes of pb flavored cereal to your mash (ie. PB Cap'n Crunch OR Reeses Puffs)...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top