Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2021 11:18:37 AM EDT
Recently replaced our absolutely horrible Samsung electric range with a new Kitchenaid induction range. I have never been happier to push something off the bed of my truck and into the metal pile at the dump than I was with that Samsung pos.

Kitchenaid Induction

I must say it is a significant upgrade. I knew induction was supposed to be really good, but I did not expect to be as impressed as I am with it. On par with the performance and sensitivity of the commercial range at work. Boils water insanely fast, very quickly adjusts temperature and holds beautifully. No expensive, high cfm exhaust hood and make up air system required either, though I am installing a relatively light exhaust hood that won't require make up air and will be much cheaper.

Bad news was none of my pots and pans worked except for my cast iron skillet, Dutch oven and carbon steel wok, so I replaced my entire collection with a 10-piece set of D5 All Clad and a couple new nonstick egg skillets. They are really good pans, "optimized for induction" and they make a big difference. Also much better than what I had before.

Definitely worth checking out if you are looking to upgrade, it has made it really fun to cook at home again with damn close to the performance I'm used to at work, and no where near the cleanup.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Does the top scratch easily?

Goodness, for that price you could have a Wolf Dual fuel....
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the top scratch easily?

Goodness, for that price you could have a Wolf Dual fuel....
View Quote

No it is ceramic and doesn't scratch easily, and you can put silicone baking sheets over the burners if you're worried about it.

A Wolf dual fuel cost at least twice what I paid for the Kitchenaid, before you even start figuring in the exhaust and make up air system. And that's if you don't mind waiting 4-6 months to actually get one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#3]
We put in a Bosch induction about 2 years ago.  It's totally different in a good way.  We had gas at the old house and this is way better.  It will boil water in a minute or so.  Our gas range took forever.  The Bosch has a bunch of gee whiz features that we don't really use, but they are there if the time comes.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Why didn't your old pans work? You had that much aluminum?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

They were stainless pans with thick aluminum bottoms.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting,  what's the purpose of that for construction and what brand were they? Quality or cheap ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Interesting,  what's the purpose of that for construction and what brand were they? Quality or cheap ?
View Quote

Aluminum conducts heat better than stainless. They were a wedding gift so I have no idea how expensive. They were Emeril/All Clad collaboration but I think made in China to keep the cost down, probably $300-$400 set. They served us well for 20 years, but the real All Clad are a different animal. My kids will be fighting over these after I'm gone.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a little video I made of it boiling some water. Cold pan, cold water.

Boiling water with induction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top