Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2016 12:05:46 PM EDT
Just got a new grill and have cooked on it a few times and am very impressed with the taste a ease of use with the grill.  So far I have cooked steaks, ribs, and a boston butt.  It is a smaller model so I can't cook a whole turkey at once, but am open to any other suggestions or recipes to try next.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked at those briefly before deciding on a Big Green Egg. Sounds like you are off to a good start, happy grilling!
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Pork loin is cheap and easy.

Cooks fairy quick too and shredded or sliced it's damn good.

I do 10-12" pieces to maximize sides exposed to smoke.

Multiply that by 6 pieces and vac seal a bunch.

I'd argue most of the meat I have reheated is almost as good as the first time around.

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
half chickens turn out excellent.  Also babyback ribs, mac and cheese, pork and beans.....
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#4]
whole chickens, pulled pork, smoked brats, pizzas..........

Get to grilling
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Anything you cook in an oven you can cook on the traeger.
I like meat loaf, chicken,ribs, pizza just about anything
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I got one earlier this year,  you are going to love it.  Bacon is the best, but don't go over the cook time or you get charcoal baconot .
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the club. I've had one for years now. Here are some of my favorites in no particuar order.

Whole chicken. Coat heavily with Trager's chicken rub (not the pork and poultry rub.) Smoke for about an hour then crank tye heat to 350* until a thermometer reads 165*. It usually another 30 to 45 minutes. Claim the wings and legs for the chef and carve the rest like a turkey.

Squash. Any kind or mix and match. Cut into slice or strips and put in a bowl. Drizzle with some olive oil and shake to coat. Same thing with a veggie rub of some kind. Cook unitl tender.

Pizza. Make your pizza any way you want. I usually roll dough out on a cookie sheet for convenience. Cook on 350* until done. Delicious.

Ribs. I always do baby backs and use Traeger's 3-2-1 method. Experiment with rubs and sauces until you find a combo you like.

Sausage fatties. Take one tube of Jimmy Deans spicy sausage. Carefully cut it open to preserve the shape. Cover thick and heavy with sweet rub. Carefully roll it onto the grill and cooks until temp reaches 165*. Slice and serve with crackers and cheese. These are great appetizers or snacks. I usually throw one one when I'm doing a long smoke and let it cook slow for a coiple hours. A nice snack around lunch until your brisket or butt gets done. You can also throw it on a high heat cook as well. Very versitile and it will disappear quickly.

Chicken wings and/or legs. Coat liberally with chicken rub and cook on 350* until done. Toss in whatever sauce you like and back on for a few minutes to set the sauce. Simple and better than fried wings.

Taters. You can throw hole potatoes on while your cooking but they will take a while. I usually cook in the microwave until done. After that, cut in half and rub on some olive oil. Season the cut sides with chicken rub. It doesn't  take a lot. Put them on the grill cut-side down and let them crisp up a little. Best spuds ever.

Sweet potatoes. Cut into strips like steak fries. Toss in a little olive oil and season with sweet rub. Spread on the grill and cook until done. At the end, push them together and sprinkle with a little brown sugar. Pull them off when it melts.

I've got more if you're interested. One top though is use foil on the drip pan and change it often. I use my grill a lot and change the foil every couple of weeks at least. Always make sure if is freash if you are going to do anything onver 350*. The stuff on there starts to burn and you can taste the difference.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#8]
My favorite thing on a Traeger is pork chops.  Get some nice thick ones, make some homemade apple sauce to go along side...

Damn, now I'm hungry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top