Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2013 3:20:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Best chicken fingers I have ever had. Glad you have the recipe for the Cane sauce! Where did you get this info?
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I love me a caniac combo!
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love me a caniac combo!

Pretty close to perfect for a combo.  Wish we had one in town, but I eat there when I can.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I was unimpressed.

The chicken was just chicken like most other chicken, and the slaw and fries sucked.

I fail to see the attraction.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was unimpressed.

The chicken was just chicken like most other chicken, and the slaw and fries sucked.

Yeah, I am with you.  I don't think it is bad or anything.  It just tastes like 1,000 other fried chicken recipes out there.  I tried it once.  It was good, but the bottom half of the chicken fingers was instantly soggy and falling off.  I was tempted to try one of their trays for a get together, but I just don't see how I could get it anywhere without half of the breading getting soggy.

I will give the OP's recipe a try....  It may be better if I make it here.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm convinced there is crawfish boil seasoning in their sauce.  I'll try this recipe and tell y'all what i think.  

I'm a long time caniac.  used to eat there once a week back when i lived in Lake Charles.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was unimpressed.

Humm... I have always thought the chicken was super tender from soaking in milk overnight, the breading was amazing, Texas toast hot and crispy, slaw crisp, and the dipping sauce great.

Just as any place it can occasionally suck.  I've eaten at Canes enough times to catch a bad kitchen day.  Most of the time its great, but I have had some visits where I was totally disappointed with the quality.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 1:46:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Layne's is better if you have ever been to College Station.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#13]
tag for dipping sauce...could dip a dog turd in that sauce and I bet it would taste good
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Canes chicken is nothing special but the sauce is spectacular. The toast rules, too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to love canes until I got drunk on St. Patty's day and had late night Canes from the original one right next to LSU's campus and the I proceeded to throw up green chicken... Ruined it for me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:35:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 2:38:01 AM EDT
[#18]
They're pretty good.

But Lanes is a little better.

ETA:they're, their and there.  Thought I would be the first to mention Lanes. Beat by a mile.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 3:17:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds tasty.  I just copied this and will try it once I buy some chicken.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came here to post this.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Layne's opened up when I was in high school in CS. Good stuff. We went there originally because they served us beer. We came back for the chicken.

I always thought it was funny that Cain's opened up right next door serving essentially the same menu but with a lot more corporate flair.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#22]
May have to try this sometime. How spot on is the sauce recipe? That's what gets me hungering for Cane's... not the chicken but the sauce!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Layne's opened up when I was in high school in CS. Good stuff. We went there originally because they served us beer. We came back for the chicken.

I always thought it was funny that Cain's opened up right next door serving essentially the same menu but with a lot more corporate flair.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn dude, how old are you? Lol, jk, we used to go in there and drink in high school too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:41:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh sweet Canes. I was living in Baton Rouge attending LSU when there was only one Canes. I lived on that shit while I was in college. Can't believe it has become so big in just 10ish years.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top