Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2012 1:33:24 PM EDT
I am having a post Christmas Dinner party and I am planning a seven course meal southern style. Help me out with filling in some of the gaps:

Appetizers:
Collard green and pulled pork mini egg rolls
Deviled eggs

Soup:
Chicken and Dumplings

Salad:
Carrot raisin salad
Not worth getting a picture

Entree:
Salmon Croquetes with remoulade sauce

Pallet Cleanser:
Peach Sorbet (wound up being rasberry sorbet)

Main Dish:
Beef wellington with black eyed peas and sweet potato souffle

Dessert:
Bannana pudding
still have to download this one

All courses will be appropriately portioned. I need wine/beverage pairings if any one has any ideas.

Thanks

eta: forgot a course
eta 2: Added some more info
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Coleslaw for the salad? Something fancy like this.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
for the salad, why not a ceasar with some blue cheese crumbles
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
spinach salad, with figs, blue cheese or fita cheese, and warm bacon dressing
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not poke salat?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why not poke salat?

Tough to find it this time of year I would think.  Otherwise it would be a great idea.

I was thinking a salad of chilled corn, blackeye peas and lightly pickled shaved cucumber.

Some savory seasoned grits with the salmon, with some whole fried okra?  Light enough flavors not to overwhelm the salmon.  Boil the okra in water, lemon juice, and seasoning, then bread and fry them hot just to cook the breading and seal in the flavor.  No idea at all if that works, it's just an idea that popped in my head.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Salad course: fried green tomato slice served on a leaf of iceburg lettuce, and drizzled with remoulade?

It don't get much more Southern than that.  

ETA:  Hoppin' John would be a good way to serve your Black Eyed Peas with the beef.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the ideas keep them coming. I'll post pics of everything when its all done.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Back in, looking forward to the pics...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Well the seven course was a resonding success. I'll post pics tommorrow after i have recovered from the all day cooking spree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top