Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2011 8:57:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used a Brinkmann Kettle style for several years for smoking salmon. It has worked great for me. Eventually I would like to get a "Front loader" sytle smoker as it would be easier to get the racks in and out:

Link Posted: 11/13/2011 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a master forge front loader from lowes. It's a gasser instead of an electric. But I absolutely love it! And so does everyone else eating the food from it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Cookshack

not cheap, just the best.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I To Am considering Getting one so this thread is relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#8]
The Alton Brown-style flowerpot smoker does an excellent job, and it only costs maybe $55 bucks for all the material.  But it is a bit of a pain to change the chips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ka2kpzTAL8
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Cookshack SM025 and that thing is great, holds temperature really well (I use it year round in an unheated 3 seasons type room) and get a great smoke flavor.  It's the only electric smoker I've ever cleaned and that can sometimes be a little work, but I've always ended up with great meat out of there.  It sure is convenient!
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I was just talking to a guy here at work. He swears by the Smokin' Tex Electric Smoker. His brisket and pork are excellent. He has been smoking for many years, and started out with smaller units like the Brinks and other charcoal smokers. I am considering getting the Thanksgiving Special Package as a combined birthday and Christmas gift to myself... and, er.... others, too. haha.

He says his favorites are cherry or apple wood. Only takes 8 oz or so of the wood per smoke. He also throws in a charcoal briquet for more flavor. It keeps a constant temperature. Stainless Steel. Panels that get dirty are dishwasher safe. I'm telling you, his smoked meat is great.

Now, I just have to justify the expense....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top