Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2011 1:31:01 PM EDT
as the title states, I need an idea on how to cook a pig I shot this weekend. I would normally spend the day at my dads house and use his smoker but I want to try something different. I have an oven, small grill, and a crock pot. I have watched a few video on youtube on cooking it in the crock pot, and am thinking this is what I want to do. Here are some pictures of what I am working with.

This is the little guy eating some of my corn a few weeks ago. Sorry I don't have the kill shot, it was right at dark when I shot her and I didn't even think about posing with a pig, not really a big deal around since they are just a pest.

The back hams, what I am wanting to cook first

Back strap

And what I have in the cabinet to work with

Thanks for any ideas
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I cook the shoulder or hams slowly.Mojo marinade,onions,garlic,green peppers,and lime juice into a blender.Should be like a milkshake in consistency.Inject into meat and let marinate over night.Next small one to get you can do the same but dunk the porker in hot water and scrape the hair off then poke holes in with a filet knife and pour in marinade.You can baste the pig with the marinade also.This is the way the Cubans do it.The skin is the best part with an ICE COLD beer!Black beans and rice with some chorizo and ham hock goes well and some fried plantains.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, I love me some Sweet Baby Rays!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top